What's new

Anyone with Pompadours, Old School Haircuts

Just received my jar of Lucky 13 Swagger and I have to say it's great stuff. Good hold, though not too firm. Nice scent, too. Suavecito is still my go-to pomade, but I'll definitely keep Swagger in rotation. I'm also curious about Imperial Barber products. Might just be my next one to try. How many pomades is too many? :biggrin1:

Just received my jar of Lucky 13 Swagger and I have to say it's great stuff. Good hold, though not too firm. Nice scent, too. Suavecito is still my go-to pomade, but I'll definitely keep Swagger in rotation. I'm also curious about Imperial Barber products. Might just be my next one to try. How many pomades is too many? :biggrin1:

You can never have too many :thumbup:

The Lucky 13 Swagger will be on my next pomade order.

$a64736b137348bd0d6aca2_m.JPG

thats what I use for my pomp, I do a tight pomp wedge and it works great, not this exact brand I just went to sallys and bought a few different ones. It works so well, comb teeth is what is important. but like said in the o.p's post the haircut is the most important.

I wear a pomp most of the time. It is impossible to find a barber that can cut a decent one, so I bite the bullet and pay for extremely expensive haircuts in Tampa. Although they cost a lot, it is the only place I can go to be assured that I get what I want.

Also, I use a number of different products depending on the style (pomped up, slicked back, sideswept, parted). Layrite is pretty much the only pomade I will use. It works fantastic, smells great and is water soluble. The only time I don't use it is if I'm just wearing it soft and natural, or if I'm going with a matte look that day.

proxy.php

Where do you go in Tampa? I just moved to the area and wanted to get a pomp, but didn't know where to get a good one.

Just got a low pomp at my barber today. Been wanting to try the cut for many years now, but didn't know what it was called until recently.

He threw some Suavecito in there and the hair hasn't moved all day. That includes walking around for three hours in the sun and a two hour nap!

People at work jokingly call me "Elvis" and there is some similarity! I always get compliments from...gents on my hair. In fact happened today in front of my wife and daughter. My daughter then says"Daddy you always get compliments on your hair". Yes, I get that a lot. Now I just spent $40 on a haircut and I'll let you know if it works out!

Black & White is my favorite pomade. It's supposedly the same one Elvis used, but it can be hard to find in the States these days. I got a tub off of Amazon, but it's expensive (comparatively).

Top Bottom