What's new

Anyone remember MEM cream?

This stuff was an Israeli cream and was very popular on a different shaving forum back around 2005 or so. A few of us did group buys to get it here (U.S.A.) pretty cheaply. It was an olive oil cream but lathered perfectly, came in a regular and sensitive version and was one of my favorites. I still have a tube hidden away somewhere. Is it still being made?

I have one tube about 10 years old.

I read that the manufacturer was struggling in financial difficulties some years ago. It does not appear in online shops anymore.

A shaving cream with green ink supposed to be something olive like.

Just an average shaving cream as dozen of other good shaving creams that can be bought locally in most countries.

Does not worth the chase for it. My opinion.

I think people liked the novelty of it. Still, there are plenty of inexpensive creams that are at least as good, if not better. Like La Toja or Italian Palmolive, for instance. There's a bunch from eastern Europe.

I bought a tube back in the day. I kind of got bored with it and mixed it 50/50 with CO Bigelow shave cream and finished it off. It was a good performer, but I never really fell in love with the scent.

Thanks guys. I was just curious. As I very rarely use creams, it'll last me a long time- unless it separates first. I did like the stuff, though. May have to re-visit it one of these days.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Maybe @Space_Cadet might be able to help you out here. He sent me some Israeli shaving cream a while ago and it is really good stuff.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I can send you a tube, if you're interested. I think it is still produced, but you have to know what stores have them.
BTW, there is also the white and black "regular" MEM cream, which is also very good.

Top Bottom