What's new

Anyone here arguileh/hookah?

i have tried all kinds of tobacco. even lost my teeth from chew duh. the hookah is just the best i feel. i mean if you are going to use tobacco. i smoke about 7 bowls a day now. i'm retired lol. the thing is if you are going to smoke as much as i, i would recommend wood charcoals. the charcoals are the most dangerous part of this thing. nonetheless i am sure the lung ***. loves me. to be honest i like starbuzz and haze. most hardcore smokers hate those. fumari is by far the best but i have to mail order it. i live in a very rural area and the only stores up here are tobacco,liqueur and gun shops lol. go figure. also i wanted to add i feel mya is the best hookah and it is something made in china! right now i have stockpiled about 26 kilos. i was wondering does anyone that smokes that much also have a mild cough? i do.

love it, own a few cheap models I've collected over the yearss and finally a decent fullsize piece that can smoke cool and sweet for hours.

here's me about 6-7 years ago at an Afghani restaurant in NYC (smoking double apple)
$hookah.jpg

omg guys. i go brag here about my smoking habit and wood coals..... i tried a quick light last night like my haste with a m3 a few days ago. the darn coal bit me too! a chunk blew off and started a small fire. which i had to extinguish. what a mess! well, at least i caught it in time. my home has sprinklers and luckily that did not happen haha.

I am thinking about a new hookah. What brand of coals should I buy? I believe I want the natural ones.

Coco Nara is a great brand. They are easily attainable, relatively inexpensive, long lasting, and don't have that chemical-y taste. You'll need a coil burner to light them though.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
CocoNara or Exquisite. Much easier and mroe consistent than regular natural wood charcoal. A small butane torch or a Bernz-o-matic propane torch will light you up good. You can also light a couple of tabs of quick-light, put them in the bottom of your fire can (I highly recommend you make a fire can instead of lighting charcoal one piece at a time and waiting for it to burn down.) and then I drop about three chunks of the good stuff on top. Meanwhile I fill the base with water and prepare the bowl. Once the coals have a good ash, I take out two for the hookah and drop a couple more fresh chunks in the fire can.

To make a fire can, simply poke a few holes near the bottom of a vegetable or small soup can. Hit it with a torch to burn off the plastic coating. Suspend it inside a big can with heavy wire so the small can does not touch the big one. Add a wire handle to the big can. Poke a few holes about halfway down the side of the big can. Now you can have coals going in the small inner can, but the outer can will remain cool.

I think that is pretty retarded, that people think a hookah is drug paraphernalia. I have never heard of anybody smoking any sort of drugs in a hookah. I really don't see you you could do it, without wasting a tremendous amount. Please, don't anybody even try to smoke dope in a hookah! Use a bong. That's what it's for.

On my current ship I have a medium size Ed Hardy which I think really sucks, and a smaller one that I bought just for the bowl. I ended up using the larger hose in the smaller pumpkin type hookah. On my boat (where I live) I have a large antique Turkish Narghile and a double hose generic hookah. I generally smoke Al Fakher Double Apple, and sometimes I add a pinch of Nakhla mint to brighten it up a bit.

For the hookah newbies and wannabes:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/173210

If I can give any advice that should be heeded above all else, it is to always get the biggest hose you can find. The extra long Turkish style handpiece is very convenient and luxurious. Also always make sure there is plenty of space between the top of the shisha and the aluminum foil so you don't start the shisha burning. At every stage of assembly, check for a good seal. Be sure your ash tray is big enough to catch any coals falling off the bowl. The lid from a cookie tin makes a good improvised ashtray. Just cut a hole in the middle and set it right on top of the regular ashtray. Turn the original one upside down if necessary. A tin can with the bottom cut out and a few holes punched in it makes a good improvised windscreen.

i hope you guys like this. i thought of it today. "quick light coals are to hookah as cartridges are to shaving" and "natural coals are to hookah as straight razors are to shaving".

I think that is pretty retarded, that people think a hookah is drug paraphernalia. I have never heard of anybody smoking any sort of drugs in a hookah. I really don't see you you could do it, without wasting a tremendous amount. Please, don't anybody even try to smoke dope in a hookah! Use a bong. That's what it's for.

I'm pretty sure that most people (myself included) are extremely vague on the actual differences between a bong and a hookah. I think for most people they are synonymous.

I'm pretty sure that most people (myself included) are extremely vague on the actual differences between a bong and a hookah. I think for most people they are synonymous.

What do you base your assurance that most people are extremely vague on the actual differences? Because you can't? I seriously doubt people don't know the difference. They look quite different. My hypothesis is that most people think both hookahs and bongs are used for smoking dope. If you've never heard of a hookah, but you've heard of a bong, you probably think a hookah is used for the same reason as a bong, and vice versa. I base this hypothesis off asking every individual I've shared my hookahs with over the last 10 years. They simply did not know what a hookah was used for.
The differences are quite obvious.

Hookah:
proxy.php

Bong:
$diagramlol.jpg

Last edited:
i find some people don't know. most do. it is not even designed with that in mind. it was said before but for one thing do you know how much you would have to waste? in arab countries people have smoked shisha in a hookah for i don't know how many years. i think it gets mistook because it is a newer device in western civilization. it's like calling a honda a toyota. both cars,both have differences.

...or like calling an AC unit a swamp cooler. Both smoke something, but one is more complex and beautiful while the other is primitive in design and function.

guys, i am really liking laylina. i can get it dirt cheap and for the price it is really worth it. 1001 nights is an interesting flavor i like but maybe not for everyone. on the other hand i think laylina gold is a very premium tobacco and still not too expensive.

I plan to smoke some Nakhla Two Apples tonight using my Khalil Mamoon Kamanje Wheat hookah and a medium Tangiers phunnel bowl.

Sounds delicious. I'm going to a hookah party tomorrow. Going to try out that Coco nara people keep raving about for coals. Tobacco of choice will be various selections. I will come back and report anything new worth noting.

Top Bottom