What's new

Any Love for Crabtree&Evelyn?

I've had lots of trouble with the West Indies Limes. I get lather like in the photo shown. I grated it, added some glycerin, softened it in the microwave, and packed it back in the bowl. It's a lot better, but that's a lot of work I don't have to do with any other soap.

Ok so I tried nomad for the first time last night and had tons of lather and a wonderful shave. It did take me longer to get great lather but it did happen adding water little by little. I started with a pretty damp brush as well. Not Marco wet but shaken a couple times. I was hesitant on the purchase due to what I had read on the issues but I really enjoyed the shave.

Im glad it worked for you.

Ok so I tried nomad for the first time last night and had tons of lather and a wonderful shave. It did take me longer to get great lather but it did happen adding water little by little. I started with a pretty damp brush as well. Not Marco wet but shaken a couple times. I was hesitant on the purchase due to what I had read on the issues but I really enjoyed the shave.

Very true SR.
$WIL Lather2.jpg
Soaked the puck with hot water
Loaded the brush. Whipped in bowl, dipped the brush in hot water, & again
I could probably use more water & whipping

You cant be lazy with this soap. If you do the steps, you will be rewarded.

It did but like I said I had to b patient to get the good lather... It's not an "easy" to lather soap.

Attachments

• $WIL Lather2.jpg
    $WIL Lather2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Very true SR.
View attachment 510868
Soaked the puck with hot water
Loaded the brush. Whipped in bowl, dipped the brush in hot water, & again
I could probably use more water & whipping

You cant be lazy with this soap. If you do the steps, you will be rewarded.
I know what you mean. I've had both the Nomad and Sandalwood and they were both hard to lather. I sold the Sandalwood because it irritated my skin but I can't remember what I did to the Nomad though..

C&E Sandalwood was my first soap. After trying RazoRock and MWF, I now know what it's like to shave with high quality products. For me, C&E never matches up to many other fine products that can be had.

+1 ... too many big bubbles. But I think a bit more product and another 15 seconds of whipping would fix it.
+2.

And many other soaps will yield denser lather with less effort. Having said that, I am looking forward to finishing a puck of Sandalwood purchased a few years ago after I finish a stick of Speick. I actually love the scent. I think I also have some Nomad and Sienna tucked away somewhere.

I'm sorry but -> I <- would never shave with that..

The best way I have found to use C & E and I have and like them all, is to Face lather and very similar to MWF start with a drier brush swirl for a minute and then two minutes more to load up the product and add water to the brush as needed. but must agree would never shave with that airy bubbly lather, just asking for razor burn

Just used some C&E Sandalwood this morning, it defiantly needs a little different treatment then normal. But I did a quick 2-pass this morning as I was running late (WTG then ATG) and it was a good shave, no irritation (Normally I do get some with ATG,) and the alum block backed this up! Very happy with the results, normally I go cream or proraso if I'm in a rush but I had been holding out to use my new boar brush on the C&E

Top Bottom