What's new

Any love for Acqua Di Gio?

i´ve grown wary of it, i remember in high school walking in to class and the whole place sticking of a mixture of the acqua di gio the boys wore and the tommy girl the girls wore, put me off it forever,

I like it, its got to be around sixth on my most used. According to basenotes, my top five are 1. GIT, 2. fierce, 3. Allure, 4. Royal Copenhagen, and 5. CW

i´ve grown wary of it, i remember in high school walking in to class and the whole place sticking of a mixture of the acqua di gio the boys wore and the tommy girl the girls wore, put me off it forever,

+1 to that, and add the fact that it was 15 years ago.

Currently my favorite is Nautica Voyage. I've had quite a few women ask me what it is when they catch a smell because they liked it so much.

A few others I have :
CHROME by Azzaro - I go between this and Nautica

Ultraviolet Cologne by Paco Rabanne (found when I was in the Carribean and difficult to find locally)

Issey Miyake - Another very good one that so far as I know wasn't very well known but the women love it. I just stopped wearing it on any regular basis.

A small amount of "Eternity" and "CK be" that was also played out long ago but I keep it around for kicks.

Legion

Staff member
I used to wear it a lot when it first came out. Probably not my first choice anymore but it is OK in moderate amounts.

It is a bit like Issey Miyake, CK1, Tommy... They all remind me of the late 90's and hanging around nightclubs, with that cloud of stale cologne and sweat. :tongue_sm

I love it, have it & still wear it :thumbup1:

I think ADG is a Gateway Frag. It generally introduces people into the intoxicating world of scents causing the wearer to seek out more complex aand sophisticated kinda scents

I think ADG is a Gateway Frag. It generally introduces people into the intoxicating world of scents causing the wearer to seek out more complex aand sophisticated kinda scents

Totally agree. As for me, I find the scent pleasing..but my girlfriend LOVES it.

I probably would be a fan, but I found L'eau d'Issey Miyake first and found AdG a bit of a more synthetic version. Which is not to say that Issey Miyake doesn't have a synthetic vibe at times (initial application, especially if you give it more than 2 shots), it's just more pleasing to my nose.

The AdG is such a fresh scent (very close to T&H 1805) and perfect for summer. The wife loves it.Any other fans?:thumbup1:

I am halfway through my second 100 Ml bottle of AdG. Just ordered a bottle of T&H 1805 based on your recommendation. Thanks. :001_cool:

get z zegna if you want adg but not exactly. both smell great imo. i've never bought a bottle of adg though. i was more of a coolwater guy.

Top Bottom