What's new

Any love for Acqua Di Gio?

Just bought a small bottle of AdG and am thoroughly delighted with my purchase.I was looking for a summer scent and almost bought Trumpers GFT but having had a couple of bottles of this before opted for something new. The AdG is such a fresh scent (very close to T&H 1805) and perfect for summer. The wife loves it.Any other fans?:thumbup1:

Yes. I love it, but I've worn it for a few years. There is a reason it's so popular. It smells great. :thumbup1:

I bought my first bottle of it when it first came out in like 2002 or something. And, I wore it until about a year and a half ago. I liked it a lot.

I have and find it way too weak and watery on me. Just not a fan of light aquatics.

I find L'Eau to Issey better at that kind of vibe.

Just bought a small bottle of AdG and am thoroughly delighted with my purchase.I was looking for a summer scent and almost bought Trumpers GFT but having had a couple of bottles of this before opted for something new. The AdG is such a fresh scent (very close to T&H 1805) and perfect for summer. The wife loves it.Any other fans?:thumbup1:

1805? I don't see any resemblance at all to AdG. I have a bottle and really don't like it much at all.

Last edited:
I used to use this fragrance. I recall liking it a lot but I've moved on to others. It's been copied so much that doesn't come off as a designer fragrance anymore.

I'm wearing it today. It's one of those scents that I really have to be in the mood for. Today is casual day at the office, it's almost 100 degrees, what can I say. Makes me feel like I'm at the beach.

It's ubiquitous and overused, but it's a great frag. It's also the only frag I've worn that's garnered an overt positive comment from the opposite sex. Granted I'm 25, so take from that what you will.

I no longer wear it though.

I think it's ok, but the ladies freakin' love it. I'm not sure what it is...
+1. I don't know what it is either but it certainly makes them purr. Sometimes we at this site are a bit stuck up when it comes to mainstream colognes for the sake of being different from the masses, yet young women seem to adore the fresh aquatic stuff.......

I have it, wear it and like it. Although it is one of the few, if not the only fragrance that I have recognized on probably no less than a dozen times when others are wearing it. I usually don't notice others colognes. So either it's just that easily recognized, or a lot of guys just overdo it with this one, so I try to not over apply it.

+1. I don't know what it is either but it certainly makes them purr. Sometimes we at this site are a bit stuck up when it comes to mainstream colognes for the sake of being different from the masses, yet young women seem to adore the fresh aquatic stuff.......

I find women tend to compliment me when I'm wearing more feminine fragrances. seems they like on me what they'd wear themselves.

Aqua Di Gio and similar colognes are what made me stay away from fragrances until i started wet shaving a few years ago. Synthetic stuff like that gives me headache and makes me want to puke.

I have and find it way too weak and watery on me. Just not a fan of light aquatics.

I find L'Eau to Issey better at that kind of vibe.

I used to love it but its weakness caused me to stop wearing it.

I think it's ok, but the ladies freakin' love it. I'm not sure what it is...

Yep! Too bad it didn't last that long on me.

It's ubiquitous and overused, but it's a great frag. It's also the only frag I've worn that's garnered an overt positive comment from the opposite sex. Granted I'm 25, so take from that what you will.

I no longer wear it though.

Overused can be said for many fragrances. But, we still wear them and love them. In the 80's Old Spice, Brut and Aqua Velva were all my Dad and Grandpa wore.

I have it...I like it, and wear it in warm weather. Ive been a little bit turned off by it because I had a roommate that would also wear it. And seemed to dump half the bottle on himself each time he wore it.

Top Bottom