What's new

Any experience with Super-Max blades?

I'm a fan of the Super Max Blue Diamond blades, they give me a smooth shave, little to no irritation with multiple passes and spot passes.

I like the Super-Max Super Stainless. I find it smooth and similar in some ways to a Gillette 7 O'Clock Green. The Super-Max Platinum was very tuggy for me. I doubt I'd buy either in bulk.

Since I noticed Super-Max platinum is quite inexpensive in Malaysia, so I load it into GC .84 to replace Gillette Platinum.

I felt the blade seems thinner, kind of reminds me Dorco Prime STP301 or the new Derby Extra.
With Gillette Platinum, I used to go over same place more than once without issue.
However, today I got small nicks with Super-Max Platinum.
I will try it a few more times, except for the nick, I think it cuts and not as forgiving as Gillette Platinum.

I actually just noticed the PearlMax and S Max. Are they legit?

I am not sure if they are legit but the performance is just so so. Not that sharp and smooth to my face...YMMV.
In general, SuperMax blades are ok for 2-3 ordinary shaves for me. Depending on the razor pairing it can give some good results. My son is just starting to shave and I just let him use the Feather popular paired with all these SuperMax blades for a mild uneventful shave...max 2 shaves per blade.

These blades found locally here in Malaysia are my best find so far...and as cheap as can be at only MYR1 (US$0.25) a tuck of 5 blades.....:D
20200816_200406.jpg

I am not sure if they are legit but the performance is just so so. Not that sharp and smooth to my face...YMMV.
In general, SuperMax blades are ok for 2-3 ordinary shaves for me. Depending on the razor pairing it can give some good results. My son is just starting to shave and I just let him use the Feather popular paired with all these SuperMax blades for a mild uneventful shave...max 2 shaves per blade.

These blades found locally here in Malaysia are my best find so far...and as cheap as can be at only MYR1 (US$0.25) a tuck of 5 blades.....:D
View attachment 1162438

I noticed that in Malaysia can get many inexpensive blades made in India and China, for example, the Euromax EMP300, Gillette Winner, Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India or China), Treet Platinum. We can buy these blades in North American.

However there are also some blades never seen, such as xxxMax (PEARL, Go ), Inglish, RK blades as well, but not sure how they performs?

It would be appreciate if people from Malaysia can share more blades that specific in Asia. The most interesting recent one should be Gillette London Bridge made in China which seems only available in Malaysia and Singapore...

Eben Stone

Staff member
I got 3 from some random sampler pack on Amazon. I shave everyday and I have a thick dense wiry fast growing beard. Using these blades I easily got close comfortable shaves. Got 5 shaves from one blade. Much sharper than Derby Extra but not as sharp as Wilkinson, Astra, Shark, or Feather. I would probably not buy more of them, but only because I prefer Shark and Wilkinson. If I had more of them I would definately use them. I got good results with them so I recommend them.

Here are my experiences :
SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum-very aggressive, harsh blades. If you can handle Shark Super Chrome, Feather or Kai you should have no issue with these. For me they only work for the first shaves in a very mild razor. Once they mellow out they can be used without a care in the world in any razor.
SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium-very nice blades. Smooth and sharp, comparable to a Gillette Platinum or Astra SS. Discontinued, but still findable online in packs of 10.
SuperMax Diamond Edge-medium sharpness, very smooth. Maybe better for shorter beards and lighter hair. Kind of tough to find. Only available directly from India.
SuperMax Super Stainless-very smooth and mild blades. For short growth or when you need a very gentle shave.
SuperMax Super Platinum-comparable to the Blue Diamond Titanium but much harder to find. Discontinued several years ago.
Haven't tried any other SuperMax blades. The "S Max" blades posted by another member in the first page of this thread look like they're fakes of the Super Stainless variety. I have the bright green and yellow packaged SuperMax blades and the name is spelled in full on the package. The darker green and yellow ones are the older version that was discontinued years and years ago. They were the first blades I used in my teens when I started shaving.

The SuperMax Sunrise with Titanium are a pleasure to shave with. They are discontinued. I get 5-7 shaves from them.

I have a few Blue Diamond Titanium blades left from a 10 pack that I didn't finish. Two shaves and they're done for me. They fall off badly by the third shave. They're good for those first two but nothing special and not good enough for me to keep using.

Super Max SS Blue and SS Bola are my go to blades. They perform so well with my Baii BD176, Baili BD179 and Feather Popular razors. Sharp, but smooth and forgiving is the best way to describe them.

I was skeptical of an India-made blade. After all, how good could they really be? I got a sample of the Super Max Blue Diamond blaes and was immediately so impressed with their smooth, easy and comfortable shave that I ordeed a 50 pack. I've added them to my list of favorite blades, along with Lab Blues, BiC's and Voskhods.

I've used SuperMax Stainless, Platinum Plus & Diamond Edge Super Platinum.

The first is very mild, & didn't suit me, but can work in more aggressive razors. The second is pretty close to Chinese Wilkinson blades. Middle of the road, & last about three shaves in a mild razor, at least for me.

But the last behaves very much like Feathers for me. I can easily get 25 shaves, but just like Feathers, they're not too comfortable. The blade feels thin to me, as do Feathers.

I have tried 27 different blades during a year.
I rated them from 1 to 10 in my list as follow:
Super-max platinum 8/10
Super max super stainless 9/10
Super-max blue diam titanium 10/10
I like them so much that i ordered a new sample with both
Super-max blue diam platinum & Super-max diamond edge. (together with 15 other blades).
Trying new blades Is a good way to kill corona-depression

Timely seeing this thread as I destroyed my face with a Super-Max Super Stainless Blue today. Awful shave in my Merkur Progress. Worst shave of the year likely. I won‘t be buying them again.

The SS Blue was ok in my Rockwell 6S, but there are at least a dozen blades I prefer to it.

Not even close to being in the same league as Nacet, GSB, Feather, most Lords, Personna, BIC, Wizamet, etc. IMO.

Of course YMMV and all that...

Top Bottom