What's new

Any experience with Super-Max blades?

Vidyut Metallics was owned by the SuperMax group. That's clearly mentioned in that article.

Now their international holding company is taking a share in it.

It's mere reassignment of shares. The final owner is the same.

But the Malhotra's could then send 47% of their profits to the UK.

Which, presumably, is how they acquired the funds to buy Elizabeth Taylor's mansion after her death.

Last edited:
I tried supermax platinum.

Second days shave is better than the first use, I guess due to the thick platinum coating which tears off after the first use. I did not push the limits, I tried max 3 consecutive shaves. Second and third use (comfort and sharpness) were the same.

I tried with ej 89, gc.84, rocca, 34C, futur. With aggressive razors the result was better.

The sharpness is somewhere 40% .

In order to give an idea sharpness wise my perception of some other known blades are as follows:

Astra SS 70%

Astra SP 60%

Gillette Silver Blue 80 %

Derby Platinum 55%

Derby Extra 50%

Blade perception is very personal and as always YMMV :biggrin1:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Blue diamond is nice. Blue super Stainless is amazing. First use today. Very impressive. Sharp (few days growth) and wicked smooth.

Blue diamond is nice. Blue super Stainless is amazing. First use today. Very impressive. Sharp (few days growth) and wicked smooth.

Since Blue Diamond is one of my favorite blades, I might just have to pick up some of the Blue Super Stainless.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Since Blue Diamond is one of my favorite blades, I might just have to pick up some of the Blue Super Stainless.
Well worth it. Ive got to try it again but I kept thinking during my shave “this is an amazing blade” (dare I say best ever) they are cheap by the 100 but pm me if you want me to send you one to try if you want to not commit to 100.

Well worth it. Ive got to try it again but I kept thinking during my shave “this is an amazing blade” (dare I say best ever) they are cheap by the 100 but pm me if you want me to send you one to try if you want to not commit to 100.

The blades are inexpensive, so no need to send a sample. I see Super Max Super Stainless blades in both blue packaging and green packaging. The green package advertises "New Improved", but I do not know what if anything has been improved. The green ones only have 8 ratings on Amazon, but they are all 5-star, which is unusual. Unfortunately, there are no reviews, so it is hard to judge. I might risk $10 to get 100 of the new green packaged blades.

Super-Max super stainless blade is not very nice blade at all. Since super platinums are long discontinued, platinum plus replaced them. SM is the British brand, barbers favored their blades - Vidyut is based in India actually.

proxy.php

It is not manufactured anymore, These were equivalent to Astra SP.

Top Bottom