What's new

Any experience with Super-Max blades?

Hello,

I decided to load up a blade from the last pack of my sampler, which was a Vidyut Super-Max Super Stainless. It's last because none of the milder blades worked for me before and this looked like your average 10-pack of them. It was almost a shave I'm used to, there was a slight bit of tugging and it struggled a little to cut through the whiskers on my chin, but I'd say they're almost comparable to Astra SPs, for me at least.

While there's no reason for me to go for these over Astra SPs, I was curious about all the other blades in the Super-Max line, since I was pleasantly surprised with these. They're all from India and seem to be decently priced. Anyone use any of them often? If so, what kind and how are they (Sharp/smooth, durable, etc.)?

Simply curious since I've never seen or heard about them. (Then again, I'm only recently taking shaving as a hobby rather than a chore.)

Cheers.

Many Super-Max models exist. Some are discontinued. Most of them are mild. Some are very mild. If it works for you, buy them. They are all very cheap. If it says Vidyut on the front of the packaging, then it is probably not "Super stainless" but only Stainless. A photo would help. ALthough you haven't heard of Super-Max, they are one of the top 3 manufacturers for sure [by production volume].

I tried a SuperMax Blue diamond Titantium, and it's above average. Nice shaves, but only average life (74 shaves vs 120 for Gillette Silver Blue or Personna Blue). You may or may not get than many shaves, I get more than most.

Very comfortable, good shaves.

I prefer platinum coated blades, they are smoother and last longer for me. Stainless tend to become uncomfortable for me sooner.

A very mixed bag depending on which blade you choose. The better ones I have tried were the Blue Diamond Platinum, I think. Those were quite a bargain and reminded me of some of the better Russian made blades. It was some time ago, though.

In general, SuperMax blades are good. I find them to be mild but smooth shaving...best for testing aggressive razors...plus they're cheap here...so will normally toss it after 3-4 shaves..
These are mine...some better than others..
20200927_090347.jpg

If it says Vidyut on the front of the packaging, then it is probably not "Super stainless" but only Stainless. A photo would help.

Apologies, you're right that a photo would've been of help, I'm attaching one to this response.

ALthough you haven't heard of Super-Max, they are one of the top 3 manufacturers for sure [by production volume].

I haven't really looked outside of local sellers, which primarily carry only a few russian blades (why I'm mostly familiar with various Gillette and Rapira blades). Recently discovered razorbladesclub.com and it looks interesting, so I wanted to make my first order a personalized sampler with a few oddballs thrown in for fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20200927_105153.jpg
    IMG_20200927_105153.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 40
Apologies, you're right that a photo would've been of help, I'm attaching one to this response.

I haven't really looked outside of local sellers, which primarily carry only a few russian blades (why I'm mostly familiar with various Gillette and Rapira blades). Recently discovered razorbladesclub.com and it looks interesting, so I wanted to make my first order a personalized sampler with a few oddballs thrown in for fun.
Thanks for the photo. Those say Super Stainless on the package, but are actually the basic Super-Max Stainless. You can see that on the blade. They are sold in 3 different types of packaging for different markets. The other 2 types say "Stainless" on the packaging. Super-Max has so many models. You have to try every type, and when you like it , there is a good chance in 3-4 years they will be discontinued. :lol:

I have tried a couple of Vidyut Super-Max Super Stainless some years ago.
I don't really know if the blade was crap or if it was because I was a noob wet shaver, but it was horrible.
It is one of the cheapest blades you can buy in Sweden and I can guess why.
I had a tuck of 10 blades and ended up giving away 8.

But to be fair, I don't know how I would feel about this blade today when I am more experienced.

I have collected so many different types of blades over the years that some I just don't remember using.

I have 3-4 types of SuperMax blades and bunches of them, so I must have really liked them at the time. I know I have the "Vidyut SuperMax Platinum," the Super Stainless in the orange and green box, Super Stainless "Green" and maybe some Blue Diamonds.

I had some small quantities of some others. Like a Sunrise or Gold or something. I keep wrappers so I would have to go look.

SuperMax seems to change their blade names pretty often or makes limited production runs.

I have collected so many different types of blades over the years that some I just don't remember using.

I have 3-4 types of SuperMax blades and bunches of them, so I must have really liked them at the time. I know I have the "Vidyut SuperMax Platinum," the Super Stainless in the orange and green box, Super Stainless "Green" and maybe some Blue Diamonds.

I had some small quantities of some others. Like a Sunrise or Gold or something. I keep wrappers so I would have to go look.

SuperMax seems to change their blade names pretty often or makes limited production runs.

All is good. I got the idea for what their blades are and what they do from the replies here. Might grab a Blue Diamond or something, try a blade, keep the rest for a collection.

Big thank you to everyone!

Wanted to say that I like your signature. :laugh:

Top Bottom