What's new

Antique woodworking tools

You might want to check with a moderator first, since this is a live auction.

I thought it only was bad form to post about a single item currently at auction. Didn't think that an entire auction was a no no as well. I should have checked with a mod though. I will do that right now.

Amazing collection indeed. Thanks for posting.

Just wondering what does "SINGLE OWNER ANTIQUE TOOL AUCTION" mean?

From what I gathered, this is one man's collection. I can only imagine how long it would take one to amass such a gigantic collection.

Last edited:
Great collection...thanks for sharing! I love older tools, especially woodworking tools. I have many power tools, but always grab for a hand tool first. I used to watch the Woodwright's Shop on PBS, and marveled at how the old craftsman would do such wonderful work without power tools.

Great collection...thanks for sharing! I love older tools, especially woodworking tools. I have many power tools, but always grab for a hand tool first. I used to watch the Woodwright's Shop on PBS, and marveled at how the old craftsman would do such wonderful work without power tools.

The Woodwright's Shop is what has really sparked my interest in woodworking. By chance I stumbled upon this video several months ago of a man building a rocking chair from a tree stump using only hand tools-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGe2iGmsDKs. I was fascinated. One google search lead to another and then there I was on the PBS site watching The Woodwright's shop. They have many episodes available online. I remember seeing the show a few times as a kid but watching it now as an adult, it really blew me away. Roy Underhill, albeit a tad cooky, is absolutely fascinating and engrossing. I would love to meet him one day. Well, I've watched every episode of TWS along with countless other videos about traditional woodworking and have started trying to find some nice old tools so I can try my hand at the old style of woodworking. I've found a few nice old gems so far at garage sales, estate sales, flea markets and the like. The old hand tools I've found so far are exponentially better than what you can pick up on the shelves these days, same as with razors. Anywho, what it all boils down to is that woodworking with hand tools interests the hell out of me as do the tools in this auction. I'm glad to know others are interested as well.

Top Bottom