What's new

Antique shop DE finds

Today turned out to be quite fruitful. My wife and I took a little trip to the north of us and here are pics of what we found. Total $ spent today on razors was only $55.

Pictured: Gillette Bostonian; $20, Gillette Aristocrat; $10, 3 Gillette Super Speeds (one red tip and two black handle); $5 each, Gillette Slim Adjustable; $5, and a long black handle; $5.

Granted, it took most of the day and about 3/4 of a tank of gas but it was sure fun.

I apologize for my lack of photography skills.

DL

Is the Red Tip USA or Brit? I'd like to find a Brit Red Tip. It's supposed to be more aggressive than the USA made one.

Looks like you got yourself a President there DL...that one's worth the $55 and the tank of gas all by it's lonesome. Well done!

Definitely a President there and not an Aristocrat and at $20 in that condition you got yourself a steal on it. That Bostonian isn't too shabby either. And $5 apiece for the rest? excellent finds for you today.

Fantastic score, a Bostonian and a President along with a few other and all for 55 beans and a little gas....Great job!!!!! Enjoy them!!!

That's a great looking bunch of razors. You got some really good deals on them too. I can't seem to find much in the antique shops that I find around my area.

Regards,
Tom

Is the Red Tip USA or Brit? I'd like to find a Brit Red Tip. It's supposed to be more aggressive than the USA made one.

I have both. I do find the British red tip more aggressive. I prefer the USA model.
BTW great find DL. Congratulations.

I have both. I do find the British red tip more aggressive. I prefer the USA model.
BTW great find DL. Congratulations.

If you ever want to get rid of the British red tip, I'd be more then happy to take it off your hands through a buy or trade. I've been looking for one for a while now with no luck.

Top Bottom