What's new

Another Lady Convert?

Hello everyone of B&B,

Decided I should take a moment to drop in and introduce myself. I've been wet-shaving now for almost a month and lurking for slightly longer. I was introduced to traditional shaving inadvertently by my boyfriend by listening to him talk about his stockpile, showing me his razors, and watching him shave.

Until recently, shaving was always a hassle and something I would dread doing. I never had a shave free of cuts, awful razor burn that lasted days, or shaves so far from a close one that I could feel stubble hours after shaving. (I have a scar a few years old showing no signs of fading from a cartridge razor as testiment to my modern day misadventures). However, listening to and observing my boyfriend made me wonder if I could apply what he was doing to my legs for better shaves. I figured anything must be better than my current setup and I was very intrigued even by the razors themselves and the use of using a brush.

So I asked him to show me how to "do it" - aka how to prep my legs, how to prep and use a brush to build lathers using creams and soaps, the importance of angles, etc., and I haven't looked back. Now I own 5 DE razors that are displayed on my portion of the counter beside a very nice Vie-Long Natural horse hair that I adore and look upon fondly every time I walk by it. Slowly but surely I'm falling subject to the desire to buy lots of soaps and creams and more razors and all the brushes and try all the blades and scents and... and you all know how it goes.

I never expected to enjoy wet-shaving as much as I do, but it's becoming one of my more simple joys in life at the moment. Too bad I can already feel my bank account hemorrhaging money...

maybe you should talk to my wife! if I could get here intersted, it would be alot easier to explain my razor/shaving purchases

Hi FeatherKay, welcome to B&B! When you get a chance, please post an introduction in our Hall of Fame--it's quick and easy. :thumbup1:

There are quite a few females on this site, and you're already aware of the LOLS now. Stop by and say hi to them!

Enjoy your time here, happy shaves, and again--WELCOME!

maybe you should talk to my wife! if I could get here intersted, it would be alot easier to explain my razor/shaving purchases

Speaking from experience, explaining those purchases to a wife who is also into shaving will just result in a "Oh, order me one of those too!" Her ADs are almost as bad as mine.

Welcome! I'm a newbie to DE shaving. I really would like my wife to give it a try. But until I "get it down" and shave great and figured it out. I doubt she would try.

I also have 3 daughters. Two of which are of leg/arm shaving age. The money we spend on all those cartridges for 3 women and myself would pay for a few used razors I would think. Those puppies are like $5 a cartridge give or take. I'm not sure how fast the go through them but even if one a month each that is $15 a month just in cartridges. That will buy one heck of a lot of DE blades!!! The razors are an investment! At least that is how I'm looking at it. Buy a good one and it will last a lifetime. Of course reading here it would indicated that it is just about impossible to own just one razor. It is kind of like guns or pipes for smoking tobacco. Once bitten by the bug it is contagious!

Anyhow I think it would make great sense to have a special thread heading for the ladies! I'm sure you women have much different issues to deal with than us men. And of course many of the fragrences are definately unsuitable for a man. Having a common forum place for women shavers may make my wife and other women more likely to lurk and give DE shaving a try!

Welcome Aboard!!

Hello everyone of B&B,

Decided I should take a moment to drop in and introduce myself. I've been wet-shaving now for almost a month and lurking for slightly longer. I was introduced to traditional shaving inadvertently by my boyfriend by listening to him talk about his stockpile, showing me his razors, and watching him shave.

Until recently, shaving was always a hassle and something I would dread doing. I never had a shave free of cuts, awful razor burn that lasted days, or shaves so far from a close one that I could feel stubble hours after shaving. (I have a scar a few years old showing no signs of fading from a cartridge razor as testiment to my modern day misadventures). However, listening to and observing my boyfriend made me wonder if I could apply what he was doing to my legs for better shaves. I figured anything must be better than my current setup and I was very intrigued even by the razors themselves and the use of using a brush.

So I asked him to show me how to "do it" - aka how to prep my legs, how to prep and use a brush to build lathers using creams and soaps, the importance of angles, etc., and I haven't looked back. Now I own 5 DE razors that are displayed on my portion of the counter beside a very nice Vie-Long Natural horse hair that I adore and look upon fondly every time I walk by it. Slowly but surely I'm falling subject to the desire to buy lots of soaps and creams and more razors and all the brushes and try all the blades and scents and... and you all know how it goes.

I never expected to enjoy wet-shaving as much as I do, but it's becoming one of my more simple joys in life at the moment. Too bad I can already feel my bank account hemorrhaging money...

Top Bottom