What's new

Announcing the Brotherhood Of Tallow Shave Soaps - BOTSS

Tallow that hasn't been saponified isn't the very best thing to shave with.

That's why I was explicit with the naming.

Vitos Coconut got the call today :thumbup1:

I'm in! I love tallow soaps especially the ones I've made!:biggrin1:

If you don't mind sharing, what did you use in your homemade soap. Are you totally tallow? I am a hobbist soaper (in full disclosure) and would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks, Kristin

D R Harris, Tabac, MWF, Mike's Unscented, Mudder Focker, Vitos, and Monsavon are in my regular rotation... with Olivia's 'croap', Cella, and Prairie Creations Tallow and Lanolin on the way!! :thumbup:

I've become a HUGE fan of Mike's Natural Soap. When I want to go for a soap they're the first ones I go to. And I am ecstatic about trying Arko! I've heard so much about it!

You completely should. ARKO is what Chuck Norris uses.

A S.O.T.S. is a great idea, but I also really enjoy glycerin soaps so I'm out. For me my tallow soaps are ARKO, AOS, MWF, and RR. I've tried Mike's and liked it, but I'll hold off on buying a tub of it until I go through some of the soaps I already have. Restraint-- how weird is that?!

I got a great lather out of some DR Harris Almond yesterday. I think I'm finally getting the hang of that soap. My previous DR Harris tries were... less than optimal. lol

Due to this, and because I'm getting it in a nice trade, I'll be revisiting the Fat pretty soon as well, that being the only soap I gave up on trying to lather so far, admitting defeat to it.

I've never used a tallow free soap that I truly liked. Pre de Provence was ok at best. In my rotation, I use Mike's and QCS creams 90% of the time. Yep. I'm in.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Harris and Speick are my favorites. I still would like to give a veggie like IK a try before I rule them out.

Strop Shoppe tallows are a win. Used the Black Tie tonight (what else would you use on Black Friday, right?).

I also received a stick of Arko that was tossed in as an extra in a PIF. Very nice and generous... either that, or they were trying to kill me with the stink... not positive which still at this point. hehe

Still loving the Strop Shoppe stuff. Bay Rum tallow. Not sure it's much of a bay rum scent, but it's a really great scent none the less.

Top Bottom