What's new

Amuse Bouche

At work tonight I got to do the amuse bouche. The Chef had some lamb and he told me to make it into an amuse.

The lamb is marinated for about 15 minutes in lemon juice, orange juice, oregano, salt, pepper, zest of orange. I roasted the lamb in a 500 F oven until it was medium well. I cooled the lamb and diced it pretty finely.

Its garnished with a cucumber and mint salad.

The white sauce is sour cream, heavy cream, orange juice, orange zest, chiffonade of mint, salt and pepper. Whipped until it starts to thicken.

I wanted the lamb cooked just barely done because we were serving it cold and some people get a little weird about rare or medium rare lamb.

The battle ax pictured is my Misono UX-10 240mm guyto or chefs knife. Its going on 5 years old, 3 years in a professional kitchen.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I love those as you can get a very nice combo of flavours in one bite... Usually, it takes a bit to make but those look awesome!!

My tongue was hanging out until you mentioned the cucumber...... it does look like a fantastic bite, though!

Sounds great, what else did you serve it with?

Nothing. An amuse is supposed to be one (yes 1) very flavorful bite of food. Ideally is should say something about the chefs cooking style or the flavor profile that the chef likes. It is supposed to get your palate warmed up for the main course.

That looks tasty, well done!

Thanks.

You've got me hungry!

Thats the idea.

I love those as you can get a very nice combo of flavours in one bite... Usually, it takes a bit to make but those look awesome!!

No kidding! Its a bunch of work for one bite of food.

My tongue was hanging out until you mentioned the cucumber...... it does look like a fantastic bite, though!

The cucumber added a nice crunch to the bite so it helped give it more texture. But if you don't like cucumber then probably wouldn't have cared for this.

Looks great Shawn. We need more pics from your kitchen.

Thanks. I'll try and take some more pictures and get them posted here.

I can eat about a hundred of those. :001_tt1:

Nice knife!

I think everybody can eat about 100 of those.

I'm keep thinking of replacing the Misono, its such a work horse that I never do. Its definitely showing some wear and tear.

Top Bottom