Am I OCD?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I will lose sleep tonight over that cabinet. Thanks, Slock. :001_smile
1662652269968.png

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I don't consider myself OCD at all. Doing the 365 shaves means it isn't weird at all that I have to shave every day without fail

When I finish my shave I clean the shaving bowl (if used), disassemble and clean the razor and blade under hot water, then switch to cold water to clean the brush always in that order. Clean the top of the soap and container and leave it to dry for a few hours with the lid off. Finally I dry the razor handle, baseplate and cap, in that order, reassemble it and put it back with the rest of my razors. Then I dry the blade and re-wrap it in its paper and put it back with the rest. Eventually I dry the brush, handle first, then the bristles on a towel and leave it standing in my shave bowl by the window to air dry.

That justification falls flat when I move onto touching the jar holding my squashed shave stick of ARKO! to my forehead and shouting
Each night I check my soap shelf to ensure a stick or tub of Arko hasn't sneaked on there during the day.

Rate of OCD on this forum has got to be higher than general population.
I think the average forum member age is well over 70, retired, no kids at home, with way too much free time to indulge in routines that would never work out earlier in life with a career, kids, and a spouse competing for the precious few hours in a day.

All I know is that I have OCD really bad and it's not fun at all. It does interfere with my shaving a little, but I get around it.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
True, but I can self-prescribe much easier in our glorious present. There’s only a co-pay if I medicate before or during driving.

I think the average forum member age is well over 70, retired, no kids at home, with way too much free time to indulge in routines that would never work out earlier in life with a career, kids, and a spouse competing for the precious few hours in a day.
I think you are absolutely right. The current crowd at B&B seems to be mostly geezers and younger people who geek out with the latest new shiny toys, hence the love of modern razors and small batch, artisan/boutique soaps. A lot of instagram sort of content here now.

Top Bottom