What's new

Am I OCD?

Well, after reading all the posts in this thread I realize I am very fussy about my shaves. Everything has to be laid out in advance, clean and in order, there is a process i follow and heaven forbid i vary this process. The clean up after the shave is nothing short of meticulous and must be done in a certain order. Everything must be put back in its proper place clean, dried, labels facing forward, everything lined up. The only thing I dont do is flip my blade. I change my blade every Sunday and go through a pretty strict cleaning routine at that time. Every piece of hardware in the Rusty Blade Shaving Museum is also treated to archival quality care. So, am I OCD? You betcha.

Except this OCD person prefers odd prime numbers... so there is that.
upset-how-could-you.gif

I don't think you're OCD, you just like stuff looking nice. Nothing wrong with that!
I change blades every 3 uses and do the full cleaning when doing so. And I shave daily which means I do I might be doing it every couple days since I switch razors almost every day.
And for my Gillette TTO's:
If it's not due for a blade change yet, I leave it in the open position after a shave and wipe the inside with the blade in place. I do that because those accumulate a lot of soap residue and leaving it open, let's it dry faster.

I had a Merkur 34C start getting playing corrosion after about 12 years of use. I never disassembled between shaves until it was time to change the blade.

Now as of this year I’ve started disassembling my razors after use. I give them the once over with soap and my fingers or at times use a cotton swab. I let it dry before assembling it and putting it in the stand over night.

I’ve got Gillette A1 super speed
Satin Merkur Futur
Yaqi OC chrome plated
YPM 921-EH

I’m thinking of selling a couple of those but I’m taking good care of them until then.

I joke that I have some OCD tendencies but it's really more that I like things neat and tidy, especially kitchens and bathrooms. The actual act of shaving on the other hand, well...

Top Bottom