What's new

Am I in trouble?

Fact: I have recently been self-diagnosed with raging cases of SS/SCAD and ASAD.

Fact: A store less than 15 minutes from where I live now carries the entire range of Penhaligon's shaving products.

Query: Is there any harm in me going in just to smell a few things and maybe try to score some samples? If I promise just to look and sniff and maybe rub a small dab of something between my fingers to check consistency?

I'll be good, right? :angel:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Unless you are willing to buy lots of stuff, then stay far, far away. Otherwise, have a ball and post pics of what you bought.

Feel free to window-shop to your heart's content ... just leave your wallet out in the car so you have a perfect excuse to double-think any potential purchases.

A store near me specializes in British goods ... I was shocked when I saw they had a full range of Kent brushes on the shelf, as well as the Kent soap in a wooden bowl. MWF and Woods of Windsor, too.

But no matter how much of an Anglophile I am, I can't see spending $48 for a puck/bowl of the Kent shaving soap, nor would I spring more than $80 for the Kent travel kit. Their brushes were reasonably priced, but I'd rather get them used on the BST if I want a Kent brush, which I don't.

I told the lady her prices were too highly marked up for me, but they might fly with a more "touristy" shopper who's looking for a unique gift item.

At least I can go back there and pick up some Sen-Sen ... I just hope they don't have that marked at $5 a pack, when I can get it down the street at Wegmans' for $0.99

Do it!

SWMBO recently bought me a Penhalions dopp bag in gorgeous leather and put 2 bottles of the English fern n Blenheim bouquet in it.

Wearing the fern now post my Saturday night luxury shave...

By the wording of your post, I think you want justification for the decision you've already made. Go for it!

No! I would never....oksoyou'rerightwhatever.

So what did you end up buying? :001_smile

Well, I had to delay the pilgrimage.

Yesterday was an early release day for school, so I figured I'd be able to nip over just to sort of scope things out without raising any suspicions. Fortunately, SWMBO was able to to take off early from work at the last minute as well, which was good, despite foiling my nefarious scheme, because we've both been working too hard lately and haven't had a date in ages. I ended up meeting her at a nice little wine bar we'd been meaning to try, which, unfortunately, was in the opposite direction of the Penhaligon's dealer so I couldn't arrange to pass it by during our post-vino stroll and pretend to be shocked..."shocked, I say, that a local store would be carrying such wonderful, world-renowned, men's grooming products and, oh look My Love, here's something YOU might like, too!"

I'll have to try to schedule our next date near the shop so I can play out that little vignette. :ihih:

Last edited:
Fact Vics vapo rub under the nose will prevent you from smelling anything.
Fact that is the cheapest way you'll get to visit that particular store.
Fact Vics vapo rub with stop you having fun.

Top Bottom