What's new

Alternative box for 7 day set

R

Rsq

I have no problem gutting something and refitting it to suit my needs, but its usually cheaper to buy something mostly built, so unless anyone knows of somewhere to get a cheap 7 day set box, has anyone found a specific product that elegantly houses a 7 day set?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Cigar boxes and lego...

proxy.php
[/URL][/IMG]

HEY my SON thinks its elegant, so there...

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL the lego idea is awesome

I got an alembicase too....elegant? nope. Looks like any razors that come in it should have camo scales :w00t: But it is a great case.

i have refitted a cigar box with wooden (paduck) holders for some of my straights, if memory sevrves it held 12 razors though.

I got the Alembicase, with suits me perfectly in this humid climate.
But elegantly? Well probably not.

A big +1 vote on the Alembicase. They aren't trophy cases but they are a very nice way of keeping your razors safe and sound.

Attachments

• $100_3480.jpg
    $100_3480.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 209
R

Rsq

Wow, I've never heard of this, but it's pretty cool. I can just get 2, one for travel and one to take out the inside part and install it in a nicer case

Thanks!

I re-purposed a cigar box for my seven favorite razors. I have another with a clear plexiglass window in it that I have plans for as well. Around here cigar boxes are cheap. I got two for $3 and used basswood spacers covered in felt. The red is much smoother than the green, as you can see. I also had to build up the bottom with some foam and a couple pieces of wood veneer that came in the box.

$Straight Box 002.jpg

$Straight Box 001.jpg

I found an old jewelry "casket" at a swap meet that works well for my straights. They turn up on eBay every so often, in large enough sizes, at around $60.00. The larger ones should fit a seven day set.

Attachments

• $casket1.jpg
    $casket1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 159
  • $casket2.jpg
    $casket2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 155
  • $casket3.jpg
    $casket3.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 156
While the alembi is a good way to store your straights to survive an apocalypse, it seems like overkill - and to my eye its shockingly ugly.

I've a little box that some promotional clock came in that im going to re-purpose into a straight holder. As others have said above, there are lots of little boxes that can be used.

There is also a leather pencil case made by global art that you can buy at the hobby lobby that will hold straights in comfort and style

Wow, I've never heard of this, but it's pretty cool. I can just get 2, one for travel and one to take out the inside part and install it in a nicer case

Thanks!

IIRC, he sells (or at least, used to sell) the insert separately.

I can never make up my mind in fact I haven't even figured out which razors to put in the box. Joking aside I picked this up from a friend the other day, I hadn't seen one before and thought it might be a handy thing for storage.

I must learn how to take pictures, sorry for the poor quality

Attachments

• $IMG_0089.jpg
    $IMG_0089.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 106
  • $IMG_0094.jpg
    $IMG_0094.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 105
An appropriately sized Pelican case should work nicely!

That's essentially what the Alembicase is: a Pelican case modified specifically for razors. Not exactly what you'd want to display your prized collection, but a very well-designed utilitarian storage solution.

Top Bottom