What's new

Alpa Windsor aftershave

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Zombie thread resurrection, but it contains a bunch of good information, so why not?
Note: Just about every AS review by malocchio is enlightening (and enabling!), so go start reading!

I picked up a small amount of Alpa Windsor mixed into a monster PIF I was very fortunate to pick up and decided to try it this morning. Wowee, abosorbed/evaporated VERY quickly and left my face and neck feeling great with just a small powdery scent left behind. Very much unlike the Aqua Velva I have been 3017ing, which smells nice enough, but my face stays wet for quite a while. I also have a bottle of Alpa 378 in the pile-o-goodies, so I am looking forward to using it as well.

The 378 is a close SIM to my noser but dries quicker and cooler. I finished off my small stock of ALPA windosr AS and cologne some time ago and also pif'd a small amount to another UK forum user. I still use the Cypr with Arko soap and a hint of Brut instinct. Great citrus scents on the dry down. For the money very good but becoming real hard to find here in blighty now.

YES ! Tried Aukro ,but I am unable to confirm whether or not they will ship the TATRA blades to the U.S....any help ???
I was interested in buying these too, but was discouraged from doing so for two reasons: either they are really the original ones made about 15 years ago, in which case it is not very likely they will be usable, as we do not know the storage conditions and 15 years is a damn long time for a blade, or they are fakes.

Personally I tried to shave with one of those antique blades sold here, but it was just terrible, the blade was not sharp at all even if they were advertised as unused.

So true Vlad...buying vintage blades is a gamble.I had a few good ones though,some 1980's Rapira,I bought 200,really smooth blades,Gillette Swedes and the old 1960's Gillette SS,one the finest blades ever made...Others I had looked fine,but the edge oxidation was not visible to the naked eye,and they were terrible...

Top Bottom