What's new

Alpa Windsor from the Czech Republic.

A JEWEL FROM MORAVIA. WITH A SCENT OF THE 1930's.

Alpa is one of the oldest and most reputable cosmetic manufacturers in the Czech Republic/Europe. For fans of original nostalgic fragrances of the 1920-50's Alpa is offering a true treasure trove. You'll find here after shaves and eau de colognes with flowery scents of violets, lilies, carnations, bergamotte, Chypre or Fougere. And of course the great Alpa Windsor aftershave and cologne.. a favorite of mine!! There's also an Alpa Windsor pre-shave with the same fantastic scent as the aftershave and cologne.

A surprisingly great, nostalgic and low priced aftershave from the Czech Republic. It refreshes, nourishes and leaves a scent, as you would in the 1930s just come from a barber in Prague, Vienna or Budapest: of menthol, juniper, bay leaf and cognac. With 71% alcohol, invigorating menthol and skin-soothing allantoin. Packaged in a glass bottle.

The "Alpa Windsor" is a fascinating aftershave, manufactured by the traditional Czech company Alpa a.s. Situated in Moravia (the eastern Czech Republic) Alpa became world known with the "ALPA Franzbranntwein" (rubbing alcohol), which has been produced here since 1913. In the 1930s and 1940s Alpa rubbing alcohol was exported all over the world.

The Alpa Windsor thrills by its unspoilt naturalness. It is neither an aqueous cheap after shave, nor does it attempt to demand exorbitant prices from its tradition and lasting quality. Quite the opposite is the case. For this class, it is an extremely low priced after shave.

The scent

The Alpa Windsor smells really nice, nostalgic and sustainable. You could leave it quietly regarded as the Austro-Hungarian answer to the American Bay Rum aftershaves. The Windsor smells woody, soapy-fresh, with menthol, brandy and bay leafs. The aroma is full-bodied, well-balanced, warm, full of character and confidence but never obtrusive. So this is how barber shops must have smelled in Prague, Vienna and Budapest of the 1930s.

alpa_after-shave_pomade-shop.jpg

I love the Windsor a/s and the cream as well.
Dear friend malocchio,

Alpa makes terrific colognes and aftershaves.!! The shaving cream is great stuff too. But made by a different company "HERBA" Located in Slovakia the same company who also produce the fabulous Barbus shaving soap and shaving creams.!!

Where does one find this product, I need some.

Somewhere once upon a time I bought these little EdC bottles, they are fun. Used diluted as an AS, too.

:001_rolle
Amazon is your best bet dear friend.
Look for the seller fresh-store. I have purchased several time from him and always great experiences.

Never tried Windsor but love their Fougere.

Great to have a source for iconic scents. Thanks for sharing.

Chris
My pleasure dear friend.!!
Now that you mentioned the Alpa Fougere, I just scored one of this babies on Amazon for only $18.00 and free shipping. A really good deal.!! :thumbup:
41HVCYz+cKL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Top Bottom