What's new

Ahoy, from NYC!

Welcome to B&B.
Italian Barber, Maggard Razors, WCS should give you good service and you will get the best deals online. If you know what you want then **zon may be a good bet. Shipping will have delays these days though so be patient.
Interesting that you found poor reviews on West Coast Shaving. I have bought from them a number of times and only had positive experiences with their customer service.

Awesome! Thanks so much. I wanted to get something from WCS, but I saw a ton of real bad reviews on trustpilot.com... hmmm... Maybe I'll check them out again. It's possible trustpilot.com is a bad site itself.

Wild country down there. How're you faring? (Shout out from the Catskill Mountains.)
It's... OK. We've had COVID confirmed with a couple of family members who then made full recoveries. I've been crawling out of my skin being stuck at home, but it may be worth the effort. How are you all up there in pretty country?

Welcome aboard!

I have had great service from the B&B vendors. Another excellent option for hardware is the BST forum.
Thanks!

What products are you looking for?
that would help.
would a Gillette Tech and Astra blades be acceptable to get you started?
I actually got a DE89 with Astra platinum blades (and a sampler pack) from Maggard. But, thanks for the suggestion! So far it's been... a learning process. :) I have a beard I need to maneuver around, but I've managed to get my cheeks and neck to come out smooth with a minimum of nicks and no irritation. My cheeks are as smooth as a cartridge gets (real smooth) but my neck is definitely way better than I've ever had it with a cartridge. Getting my head smooth, and without aggravation is a lot tougher. I'll keep at it! I'm thinking about switching blades for next time.

Awesome! Thanks so much. I wanted to get something from WCS, but I saw a ton of real bad reviews on trustpilot.com... hmmm... Maybe I'll check them out again. It's possible trustpilot.com is a bad site itself.

It's... OK. We've had COVID confirmed with a couple of family members who then made full recoveries. I've been crawling out of my skin being stuck at home, but it may be worth the effort. How are you all up there in pretty country?

Thanks!

I actually got a DE89 with Astra platinum blades (and a sampler pack) from Maggard. But, thanks for the suggestion! So far it's been... a learning process. :) I have a beard I need to maneuver around, but I've managed to get my cheeks and neck to come out smooth with a minimum of nicks and no irritation. My cheeks are as smooth as a cartridge gets (real smooth) but my neck is definitely way better than I've ever had it with a cartridge. Getting my head smooth, and without aggravation is a lot tougher. I'll keep at it! I'm thinking about switching blades for next time.
Never heard of trustpilot, but I have ordered several times from WCS. They were always prompt in their delivery, and I got the best price. I’ve also contacted them with shaving questions and they have been helpful.

Never heard of trustpilot, but I have ordered several times from WCS. They were always prompt in their delivery, and I got the best price. I’ve also contacted them with shaving questions and they have been helpful.

I have a couple of their stainless steel razors which are nice, but the heads are made of zamak. One broke during routine use, so I asked if they wouldn't mind sending a replacement head, and they sent me a new handle also. No questions asked.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Another big welcome! Looks like you are of to a great start.

And another forum member with nothing but positive experience with WCS.

OK cool! I will definitely take another look at WCS. I'm really glad I mentioned it. Thanks guys!

You are going to be addicted to Pasteur's Pharmacy on 34th st. (near the Empire State Building).

Shoot, if I would have caught this earlier, possibly could've met up and sold you a 34C for like $20.

I'm fairly new to DE shaving and actually had a great experience buying from Razor Emporium. That being said, Maggards razors is by far my number one on line store to buy from.

Top Bottom