What's new

Aggressive razor comparison

Looking for an aggressive/efficient DE razor. Want to keep it under $150. Kind of boiled it down to a R41, Guerrilla Aluminum.99, and the Lupo 1.27.
I appreciate any insights and suggestions.
Thanks

Smoother than the 41.

Lupo 95 & 127, G.C. 84 oc and 1.05 sb, Karve CB sb or oc D,E,F. / are all great bang for the buck smooth,efficient, highly effective tools..
Slants are my one fav efficient tools also...but you did not mention it. Some can use slant, some can not, many don't even factor them in..
BFX
As always..
It is a shavers choice..
But usually it is always a buy and try...

I have the R41 and Guerrilla 0.99 and 0.89. Both are very different. The biggest difference is the weight. I enjoy shaving with the Guerrilla more as I find it smoother and just as efficient. If I’m using it more than 2-3 days in a row, the 0.89 plate works better. There R41 shaves well but it’s a tad rough at times for me but I use it occasionally anyway. Lots of folks love it.

If you can wait on a sale the stainless Blackbird is the way to go.

Looking for an aggressive/efficient DE razor. Want to keep it under $150. Kind of boiled it down to a R41, Guerrilla Aluminum.99, and the Lupo 1.27.
I appreciate any insights and suggestions.
Thanks
What did you decide?

I have both the R41 and the Lupo 1.27. I like them both. If I had to pick one, it would be a tough choice. However, I would go with the Lupo 127 due to the thin contoured head which encloses the blade tabs.

Happy hunting!

I've been using an r41 for years, shave every other day. But recently I wanted something just a bit smoother. And I bought a Game Changer 1.05-p. What a nice shave, slightly less efficient than the r41, but worth it for the smoother trouble free experience.

I got a Game Changer 1.05 and sold it. Then I tried the Rex Envoy and it shaved well but I didn’t care for the feel of it. I have had 3 shaves with the RazoRock Blackhawk and am enjoying it. I want to try the Hawk V3A next.

If ok with used you could pick up a Blackbird for 150. On the efficient but smooth side is the Timeless 0.95 open comb. The razorock suggestions above are all great values. One other right around your price point is the Tatara Nodachi. You could probably be happy with the Razorock and save 100 especially if buying used.

Top Bottom