What's new

Advice on vintage HD Rockets much appreciated.

It has only been since building my collection up, and been able to use different razors, that I have been able to appreciate and love the HD rockets. The name suggests some thing crude and aggressive - but they are not in the slightest.
HD is only a collector designation. They were never officially called HD (or heavy duty). In England they were simply advertised as Rocket, in France they were "Gillette 500" because of the 500 francs price.

I had the name Rocket in mind more than the HD bit ... rocket, to me anyways, suggests something crude and aggressive ... the whole image of blasting through the sky with flames trailing!

I had the name Rocket in mind more than the HD bit ... rocket, to me anyways, suggests something crude and aggressive ... the whole image of blasting through the sky with flames trailing!
They advertised them as Rockets in the UK just because the US razors were called Super-Speed. Both names refer actually to the quick and easy blade loading from the then new dispensers.

Top Bottom