What's new

Acquistitions 23 Feb - 1 Mar 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys. I'll take some pics when my new gear arrives next week.

and yes, I appreciate my dad - and even more so if he'd also hand down the keys to his '71 Mustang!

Found this in the wild today, an old spice mug with hardly used ss. I've heard good things about old spice, but man 'o man do these things ever give away the lather, and good lather too!

I picked these up in SD, while on business, a Senator with a case, a Frankentech, a New head on a Fat Tech Handle with a red and black case, a Muschel straight, a Rubberset 200-3, a Christy w/ box and instructions, the Schick box contains 4 original blades and 6 Gillette blades, and the purple box contains 20 Valet and 3 Enders Blades. Enroute is a New handle to replace the tech handle, along with 3 SE's, 2 Gems and a Star Fat Man, and a box for my Gem lather catcher, thanks to Cooncat Bob . :biggrin: :biggrin:

I forgot to post the picture of the ranger tech from last week. Also, here are my acquisitions of the week. Regards, Nick

Everyone here is dead wrong! Don't listen to them. Eight dollars is way too much money, hell,...eight pesos would be too much money! The better deal would have been if you had gotten it for free. Plain and simple but you still have a super nice razor there you'd better sleep with one eye open cuz theres a lot of good ol' boys here who'd love to take it! Warm lather to you!:tongue_sm

Heck, what do I know? I had a feeling the wooden case wasn't an original. My gut told me that because the razor handle didn't fit the whole length of the case. I really thought the razor in the wooden case was a ranger tech. You guys say it's a senator? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Regards, Nick

Was it an antique store, thrift shop, estate sale?? It could not have been eBay, that is for sure!:001_smile

It was an antique store that I thought I cleaned out a month or two ago.

I guess it pays to check back once in a while.

I did score an extremely nice Fat Boy at a thrift store about four months ago. Cost me a whopping $1.

Well to give you a little insight I paid $120 for a toggle in mint condition with original box and papers.......So at $8 for this I think you did very well! Oh and it shaves pretty well also!

Well to give you a little insight I paid $120 for a toggle in mint condition with original box and papers.......So at $8 for this I think you did very well! Oh and it shaves pretty well also!

I'm kind of afraid to use it. It's so unique and cool looking, I don't want to risk messing it up.

Is the shave similar to a Fat Boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom