What's new

Acquisitions Monday July 10th - Sunday July 16th

major scores for me yesterday & today...

while walking around boston store i noticed a 75% off baxter products and asked if this was true. the kind sales person advised it was and rang up my baxter order which included:

baxter travel bag
(2) aftershave balm
baxter scrub
shave cream

for a whopping total of $12!

i also made the trip down to speak with one mama bear in person as i could not figure out what scent to purchase. i brought my son with me and we had the best time! sue is just great to speak with & we shared a beer and some laughs. guys - i smelled just about every soap she made & one cannot really go wrong with anything she offers. i would have walked away with one of everything if i had enough $$ with me. i did stay away from the dragon's blood but it smelled GREAT. i did pick up the black code & spellbound woods.

yesterday my ebay purchase of penhaligon's opus 1870 & english fern arrived sealed and perfect. in madison i scored the C&E brush at a discount since it was the shelf model.

s~s

SCS Cool Lime in a stainless steel bowl:biggrin:

B&B Bay Rum with a Twist EDT :w00t:

ok Saint Sue, u must come up with a soap that smells like this- I was checking my mail on the way to walk my dog and sprayed a little of this on.

oh, yeah, all the neighbors wanted to talk.:lol:

Marty

Jim, very nice brush!

Kyle, that is a very cool Muhle-Pinsel razor and box. The miniature brush is neat as well.

Opus 1870 not for me yet im too young, I had the sample it smells to me the way Roger Moore or definitly Sean Connery im not into that yet .

Rik said:
Jim, very nice brush!

Kyle, that is a very cool Muhle-Pinsel razor and box. The miniature brush is neat as well.

It is very nice I have one aswell , they give one away with every Muhle order.
I tried it on my face , dry offcourse it actually feels wicked ! def. smallest brush out there.

the store with the clearance baxter was "boston store". i think in other states they are known as "carson, prarie, scott" (sp?)

s~s

Rik said:
Thanks Rik and Rene. The razor is very interesting. I plan on posting more once I've allowed it a few more shaves.

Hey Kyle, I have the same razor, but I have not tried it out yet ( I am playing around with my new Gem razor) You will also find that a Merkur HD or Slant will fit even more snugly into your travel box.
Cheers, DJ.

Dinder1 said:
Hey Kyle, I have the same razor, but I have not tried it out yet ( I am playing around with my new Gem razor) You will also find that a Merkur HD or Slant will fit even more snugly into your travel box.
Cheers, DJ.
This was certainly a motivating factor in my decision to get it.

Today the postman delivered the following treats for me:

- Taylors rose SC
- a couple of cobalt blue atomizer (for my WH)
- a Merkur Progress

I think that I'm going to have a rose-y shave later this afternoon/evening and try out the new gear.

full

Truefitt & Hill Turnback Super Badger - Replaced one given away as a gift.

Tuscany per Uomo Forte by Aramis EdT
Top Notes
Lavender, Tarragon, Lemon, Cumin

Middle Notes
Clary Sage, Anise, Carnation, Geranium

Base Notes
Oakmoss, Tonka Bean, Cedarwood, Sandalwood

Havana by Aramis After Shave
Top Notes
Coriander Seed, Anise, BIrch Tar, Juniper Berry, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Orange

Middle Notes
Bay Rum, Cumin, Jamaican Pimento Berry, Pepper, Jasmine, Hyacinth.

Base Notes
Exotic Woods, Tobacco, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Myrhh, Labdanum, Oilbanum, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more stuff came in today:

Form Howard (Thanks Howard):

Tendskin
2 tubes of Arko Commando
Musgo Real

From Mario Badescu:

Glycolic Foaming Cleanser
Botanical facial gel
Special Glycolic Cleansing Lotion
Special Mask for Oily Skin
Various samples

From Ebay:

100 Israelis
2 Superspeeds

proxy.php

Stuff from Howard came last night: a bowl of SCS Savory Rose and a bowl of SCS Almond. As I told him, I'm not too big of a fan of the Almond, but I think that SWMBO is eyeing it for her legs!

full

QED Vetiver
Salter Sandalwood
Castle Forbes Lavender
Trumpers Coconut
Taylor St. James
Penhaligon's English Fern cream
Penhaligon's Endymion cream
Knize Ten EdT
QED Peppermint tonic
There was a whole bunch of other stuff, but I forget what it all was. Suffice to say I am probably sleeping on the couch tonight.

Very nice Scotto, please let us know what you think of that English Fern Cream:tongue_sm , I have the Endymion cream and think it is fantastic.
Cheers, DJ.

Scotto said:
full

QED Vetiver
Salter Sandalwood
Castle Forbes Lavender
Trumpers Coconut
Taylor St. James
Penhaligon's English Fern cream
Penhaligon's Endymion cream
Knize Ten EdT
QED Peppermint tonic
There was a whole bunch of other stuff, but I forget what it all was. Suffice to say I am probably sleeping on the couch tonight.

2 thoughts:

1. MY wife would kill me.

2. YOU are a God!

Top Bottom