What's new

Acquisitions Monday Aug 13 - Sunday Aug 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the 'Gentleman's Shop', a tube of Trumpers Rose and a tube of Trumpers sandalwood, both for my father, whom I have converted to using a badger brush and Trumper's or Taylor's creams over the last two years.

Here's my starter kit everything arrived today except for blades
full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
first up my
proxy.php

i belive its from 1948-49

it was quite gunked up

and this
proxy.php

after a little serching i found it is a 1930 ball end gillette new # 20

jon

Couple things just arrived...

Bathtub Gin Shave Stick (Thanks, Tinzien!)
Simpsons T2
Em's Cucumber After Shave & Body Splash
Musgo Real Shaving Cream

Can you tell I'm a fan? :biggrin:

Foaming Body Scrub - Caribbean Coconut
Shaving Soap In A Jar - Bamboo Teak, Eucalyptus Spearmint, Yuzu, Mayan Gold, Sandalwood Vanilla
Goats Milk Soap 2 Bars each - Cucumber Melon and Raspberry Cream
Moisturizing Mist - Angel Type, China Rain, Lick Me All Over
Freshen Up Linen Spray - Raspberry Lemonade

• One QED Mocha Java shave stick (now I have two in reserve)
  • One QED Anise & Lavender shaving soap tub (I was a fool to sell mine)
  • One QED Bathtub Gin shave stick (hat-tip to Seth!)
  • One 1921 Gillette "New Improved" DE safety razor (an hour's-worth of "elbow grease", and it shines like a new penny; I always say, "A man can never have too many 'New Improved' razors!" You know, in your hearts, that I'm right.)
  • Two bottles (3oz and 5oz) of SCS Sandalwood EDT (you can never have too many of these)

Yep that's my starter kit :smile: except for the blade sampler pack from west coast that will arrive soon.

I'm a firm believer in doing lots of research and than buying the best products for the best price that you can afford.It keeps down on the extras that you always seem to accumulate as you keep upgrading your stuff!!

But I still can't get my SWMBO to understand why I needed to change to a $50 brush and $50 in soaps (so far :biggrin: - yeah I probably got AD) to shave with when she knows I only need to shave twice a week and have been doing fine shaving with 2 bottles of Kiss my face and a mach3 for the last 9 years.LOL

But I still can't get my SWMBO to understand why I needed to change to a $50 brush and $50 in soaps (so far :biggrin: - yeah I probably got AD) to shave with when she knows I only need to shave twice a week and have been doing fine shaving with 2 bottles of Kiss my face and a mach3 for the last 9 years.LOL

That's your problem. If you shave 6 days a week you will be consuming 3 times the product. Seems justified to me. :biggrin:

Its been a busy week!
4711 Aftershave
4711 Cologne
Floris Santal Aftershave
C.O. Bigelow No. 098 Oily Skin Toner
L'Occtaine L'Occitan Eau de Toilette
Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood Cologne
Schick Injector Type O (6 of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom