What's new

Acquisitions for April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looked good in the pictures, but one knows how that can be with eBay.
However, this time, seeing it in person it looked better than the pictures.
I don't know whether to take it across the coti a few time or go straight for the strop.

I swear people use oil smeared cell phone cameras to take blurry out-of-focus E-bay pictures on purpose.

Either they have no other camera and lack all skills necessary to take a successful shot, or they do it to hide details and misrepresent an item as much as possible without getting in trouble. In my book both possibilities are punishable.

Great find OP. Just make sure it's disinfected before lathering up!

Brushes from left to right: Kent INF-1, American Crew Synth, H.I.S Synth (best first impression), WSP Boar,
BestShave No. 1, WSP Pure Badger, Handmade boar from twooldgoatsfarm (etsy).

Last edited:
Yeah, i'm leery to purchase razors of any type with blurred images.
One would think the seller would review the pics before posting.
It's definitely going to have a scrubbing bubbles bath before use! :)

*EDIT* Forgot to post this...I got it for $30 shipped. :D

A Robert Williams "Purist" and a personalized shave mug from a local company, Mug Revolutions:

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 204
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 202
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 201
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 203
I got a barely used 6/8 full hollow Dovo Special for $115.00 shipped... Ive been able to find one on a site for over $150 w/out shipping. When i got it, besides some minor handling marks on the scales, couldnt tell it was used. Seller said he only had it 4 months and wanted to get rid of it. Came with a good coat of Renaissance Wax and honed by someone in the B & B community. Its not that these finds arnt out there... They just dont stay out there for that long... Be it, B & B's B/S/T, Vendors and Hobbyists, Ebay ect. I've found for the most part... The shaving community is pretty honest, almost like a karma rule...

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 397
Art of Shaving just opened near me so I think I will go check it out. I'm pretty well stocked at the moment so it will be interesting to see how well I can keep the RAD in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom