What's new

Acquisitions for April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some were for civilian use and not stamped. It is still a nice set especially if you like short open combs. It also could be a mis-match with a different razor. Personally, I throw away all of the old used blades as they are worthless and may do some harm if not careful.

I will definately do a bit more research once the razor shows up, the case seems like its in pretty nice shape, so it will be awesome for travel at the very least. I have NO idea if i like combs let alone short or long, only razors I've used to date are a Vie-long cheapy bar razor and a Lady Gillette TTO just to see how it worked on the face. I honestly didnt expect to win it at $9 so, here we are :)

A steal at that price - congrats.

I am no expert but based on others I have seen that razor is not likely original. The important thing is you have the case, very nice.

Went to an antiques and collectibles show this weekend bought a cased fatboy w/instructions, a redtip and a fatboy case with a Milord in it yesterday. Went back today and bought the box of misc. Couldn't help it, there was a cased Hoffritz slant in there $023.jpg$027.jpgon top and a bunch of others. Total cost $125.

Ahh so its your fault I bought it :p I will tell SWMBO

j/k btw :p I am happy I won it at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Oh no trust me I am glad you wont it :001_tt2:. Cause then SWMO won't look at me like this :glare:. I have zero brass razor and I am sure it would stand out.

my wife smirked when i showed her the face you posted, cause thats the same look i got when i told her i won it.

Hello,

Found this on a flea market crawl today. It is a promotional Gillette DE razor given free with a purchase in NEW condition. The promotional blade is still wrapped and on the razor head sandwiched between two cardboard pieces.

Can anyone identify this razor? It looks like an...Erm...Federal?

Any help would be welcome.

Luke

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 185
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 185
Looks like a Ball Handle New to me. Don't know where the "Free" fits in, as I've not heard of Gillette doing this before. I'm sure someone will come along shortly and chime in with some useful information regarding this. Looks like it is in exceptional condition, as well. Nice find!

Maybe when purchased with the above creams the razor was made "free". A nice cross promotion getting you to lock into Gillette blades and develope brand loyalty.

Maybe when purchased with the above creams the razor was made "free". A nice cross promotion getting you to lock into Gillette blades and develope brand loyalty.

Exactly....it was given away as a promotion with a purchase of the three products listed on the back of the box (second pic.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom