What's new

Acquisitions August 18 - 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
In various acquisitions over the last week or so:

Merkur HD Slant
3 Gems: 1912, Micromatic, Damaskene (sp)
Bunch o' SE blades (cvs, treet, gem, no name)
puck of Institute Karite SS

Received two bottles of TSD Iced Tobacco w/ Allantoin AS splash in the mail today. This is some high quality stuff with Tobacco Absolute. Love the smell.

proxy.php

Picked up a couple extra items yesterday along with the Ever Ready and Clippers (on sale):

3 shave stick tubes:
proxy.php
proxy.php

And a Rolls Razor box with instructions. Thought someone here could use something like this:
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I picked these up off Ebay from 3 different users. Only thing I hate about living in the hills of no where.

proxy.php

Above Left to right is the following: Aristocrat 1940's, Gold Tech, far right is unknown. Owner thought it was a Fat Boy and no clue.

proxy.php

Above picture is the same order as the first picture listed.

proxy.php

Above picture is the same order as the first picture listed.

Last edited:
RAD has fully kicked in. After buying a New a couple of weeks ago...bought another out of criteria ( British TTO ) razor :001_tongu

English Tech #44 set

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I just bought a 100ml tub of Proraso pre/post, and 100 red IP blades, 100 Derbys, and 100 Dorco st-300 blades. I don't have pictures, but you all know what they look like ;)

Thank you westcoastshaving!

waiting for my injector and eveready, did recieve some blades and cream from the dutch shaving shop who also sent me a free wallet:smile:

I'm usually too lazy to post score pics, but this one, I just had to share. I think you can see why. It's a diplomat for those who don't know, and it's pretty close to mint (lacquer loss on one door that's way way way minor). I doubt it was ever even used. The little areas that look like lacquer loss on the closed doors are actually water, I couldn't actually capture the little lacquer loss that there was
View attachment 63753

View attachment 63754

View attachment 63755

The doors are so shiny, that in pictures, the middle area ends up having a silver highlight that makes them look brassed...you can tell I'm pretty proud of this score ;)

Acquisitions this week:

proxy.php

And some random ones that I forgot to mention in the past weeks:

proxy.php

• Shaving mug bought at a local recycle/charity shop (filled with Woodys)
  • Two black bowls for soap - they technicly are pot-pourri dishes, but as they are the perfect size for soap pucks I decided to go for it. As they are pot-pourri bowls they have holes in the lid, which I actually find handy... you don't want to store soaps air-tight!
  • The Vanishing American Barber Shop by Ronald S. Barlow (including a 1920s barbers' manual, reprints of Barber-Supply Catalogs and rare photo's).
  • Gladde Jongens: De kunst van het scheren (translation: 'Smooth guys: the art of shaving') by Leo de Brouwer and Peter van Lierop.

I picked these up off Ebay from 3 different users. Only thing I hate about living in the hills of no where.

proxy.php

Above Left to right is the following: Aristocrat 1940's, Gold Tech, far right is unknown. Owner thought it was a Fat Boy and no clue.

I believe the razor on the left is a '46 or '47 aristocrat, the one on the right is another aristocrat from about '48 - the early 50's.

I got my Bull Mastiff last week and it is my favorite razor by far! The nickel plated open comb and the heavy handle make it effortless to shave with. An Astra, Super Max or IP blade really does a great job! You got to get one of these. It's a MUST have.

Gotta share some new scores!

1) Glam shot with a new Rooney Heritage Stubby Medium, '48 Aristocrat.

2) 40s Tech, '47 aristocrat (both are great travel sets in AMAZING condition, i got lucky!), the rooney, and some new nancy boy sc. :biggrin:

3) Might as well post my TTO collection, the main product of my recent vintage gillette acquisition disorder. Im proud and a little emberassed lol. Not shown i have another '56 flare tips SS, 70s SS, and two gold ball end techs. Oh, and my merkurs :blushing:

Still looking for a blue tip ss, a president, and some open combs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom