What's new

Acquisitions August 18 - 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
While on a lil shopping trip in Nuremberg I happened to stumble in to a cosmetics store went to the lower floor and BAM numerous items from TOBS. I ended up getting TOBS Sandalwood. Also I found another store that sells Penhaligon's, Aqua Di Parma, and L'Occitane shaving soap. But those are for another time.

(Almost?) Mint 1930s Brit Aristocrat - complete with - paper & blades.

Hey Herbnerd, an Rhodium Aristocrat #15.

Nice pickup !!!!! :001_smile

If you want to collect it, collect.....if you want to use it, use it .......if you want to get rid of , get rid of

Nobody can make the choice for you :001_tongu

Last edited:
Well obviously you should send it to me as I'm a very serious collector:001_tt1:
All jokes aside that is my holy grail and is a work of art - congrats on a great score:w00t:
Cheers Paul

It is seriously beautiful.... I have it wrapped and at the back of the drawer - I just don't want my wife or daughter mucking around with this beauty. The photos really don't do it justice.

It is seriously beautiful.... I have it wrapped and at the back of the drawer - I just don't want my wife or daughter mucking around with this beauty. The photos really don't do it justice.

That is one beautiful razor! I don't blame you for keeping it out of harm's way; I'd do the same myself.

Gillette Gold Fat Handled Tech
Merkur Long Handle Open Comb
Red Tip SS (number 2)
Gold New Standard (I restored the case)
Feather Blades
Clubman Shampoo
Clubman

:001_wub:The missus went out to lunch with a friend today, and came home with a tube of Macca Root shaving cream from The Body Shop! I love my wife!:001_wub:

I'm usually too lazy to post score pics, but this one, I just had to share. I think you can see why. It's a diplomat for those who don't know, and it's pretty close to mint

...you can tell I'm pretty proud of this score ;)

That's one fine looking Diplomat. Enjoy it, it is my favorite razor.

(Almost?) Mint 1930s Brit Aristocrat - complete with - paper & blades.

Just not sure whether I should keep hold of this beauty or pass it onto a more serious collector.

Very nice score...

- 5/8+ Custom Joe Chandler, 1/4 grind, French point, mirror finish with translucent horn scales.
and
- 6/8 Le Grelot 1/4 grind, round point, satin finish with black plastic scales

These 2 straights arrived at my door last week, even though I had ordered them a bit earlier. But the wait was worth it! Both shave like beautifully!!

Last edited:
First: Smoothy, those are beautiful razors. I love the blue coral colored spacer (I'm not sure what it's called, but it's seen in pic 3)

Now: I've been waiting a week or two to show this off. I've got another sample pack coming, and one more razor, but I couldn't wait to show these off.

GEM Gold Plated Mircomatic, Lider Shave Cream, and 3 GEM blades. Unfortunately there's a small hole in the tube of cream right above the R, but I just rolled the tube down and it was fixed.
Just got these in the mail today all the way from Australia. Great PIF! Thanks miner!

And last pic is everything I've received over the past week and half-two weeks -- samples and a PIF.
Col. Conk
  • Almond Balm
  • Bay Rum Cologne
  • Amber Cologne
  • Limes -- The sample vial broke during shipping, but the envelope smelled nice.
  • Shaving Soap (Unscented I think)

Geo F. Trumpers

• GFT (x2)
  • Rose (x2)
  • Coconut
  • Almond
  • Violet
  • Sandalwood

Em's Place
  • Shave Cream (Unscented)
  • Strengthening EO Blend
  • Balancing EO Blend
  • Bay Rum EO Blend

Blenheim
  • Blenheim Bouquet Fragrance

- 5/8+ Custom Joe Chandler, 1/4 grind, French point, mirror finish with translucent horn scales.
and
- 6/8 Le Grelot 1/4 grind, round point, satin finish with black plastic scales

These 2 straights arrived at my door last week, even though I had ordered them a bit earlier. But the wait was worth it! Both shave like beautifully!!

Both excellent razors! I'll need to track me down a Chandler some day.

Been a good week for me, but expensive...:
An excellent 1934 Aristocrat-
attachment.php

PLUS-
200ml C&S #88 cologne
#88 shave soap refill

A bunch of PS3 games and stuff-
Too many Rock Band 2 tracks and track packs to list
ZEN Pinball Street Fighter II table
Battlefield 1943

Status
Not open for further replies.