What's new

Acier Aluminum

Creed "Acier Aluminum"
Fill me in, Good? similar to?
Also, I have recently been advizes to the Truefitt & Hill scents.
1805 and Freshman. they are all 75.00 or so.
Not alot spoken of them, are they good?

Creed "Acier Aluminum"

1805 actually gets a fair amount of discussion. Check out the "reviews" tab at the top of the forum and go to the Colognes section. I think it is listed as one of the most active and/or popular reviews. It is generally well-liked and viewed as a quality "oceanic" scent. I haven't heard as much talk about Freshman, but I have a sample and I think it's nice. Whether these scents are worth $75 is purely up to you, of course.

I like their Spanish Leather as well... Grafton is nice, and Trafalgar has fans. If you contact T&H, they will send you a nice sample package that generally includes all these scents.

Creed "Acier Aluminum"

I personally love 1805 and Trafalgar. They are great scents. The Spanish Leather, to me, is kind of average and synthetic, but my wife likes it.

To me T&H is a better scent house than Creed. Most Creed products are extremely overpriced with very poor silage. The best scent in their line is Green Irish Tweed, but quite honestly, Aqua Velva lasts longer than GIT.

Olivier Creed doesn't have anything on Truefitt. :cool:

Acier Aluminium and vintage Tabarome both have excellent sillage and longevity; both are completely different to GIT or the other millesimes.

AA begins with an initial sharpness, descibed by some as 'metallic'. It then settled down after 30 secs or so to a sublime mixture of warm spices, fruit and ambergris. Think the famous Creed Millesime drydown multiplied by 10.

I do find that a lot of critics of the Millesime Creeds haven't sampled anything from the EDT or 'private collection' ranges. AA is actually part of the EDT range, so it's cheaper than GIT, MI etc. I find the EDT Creeds more varied and ultimately more interesting than the more modern Millesimes. Definitely give AA a go- you wont be disappointed!

... mixture of warm spices, fruit and ambergris.

TrueTillBrew gives a pretty good description of the scent. I have not yet smelled another fragrance that I thought was a good comparison to Acier Aluminum. I have a bottle and I like it, but I would suggest that you try it somewhere before you buy a large quantity of it blind.

You might want to read the opinions on basenotes to see how takes on this one vary.

I bought a sample of this scent on eBay awhile ago after reading many reviews and comments (check basenotes or blogs such as nowsmellthis for some good insight). After reading the reviews, I was convinced I had found "My One," but disappointingly, it is not for me.

This scent is HEAVY. Whoah. The standard description is that it combines amber, civet, vanilla, fruit, spice and citrus. It is supposed to have metallic top notes as an opening and heavy, feral basenotes. Sounds fantastic! To me, however, vanilla predominated and overwhelmed. But that's just me.

I found that Acier Aluminum is also alternately described as both a unisex scent and a men's scent. I like to think of it as a men's scent, and as such, the only men's cologne to come out of House Creed in the '70s. That, combined with Creed's penchant for attributing scents to celebrities, as well that name -- Acier Aluminum(steel aluminum)!!! -- and I can only think of this scent as John DeLorean. And I so badly wanted to be John DeLorean, only not dead. Aged auto genius/playboy/bat-wing doors.

But ... well, it didn't happen.

I love the idea of this scent, but after trying it, I would only wear it for something very formal and in very cold weather. Like ... The Nutcracker.

I would recommend buying a Creed sample off of eBay, or try it at Neiman Marcus if one is near you. If not that, try a decant from theperfumedcourt. At the very least, this scent is not your average bear -- it is very unusual, most memorable and definitely worth trying.

Creed AA is one of those love it or hate it scents. I've owned and sampled hundreds of scents and can't think of anything close to AA. You might love it...don't buy it blind though.

PF

Top Bottom