What's new

AboveTheTie.com Open for Business!

Hello RSFNO,
At this time we are only selling replated razors. However, this may change in the near future. If enough people ask indicating a strong demand for this service we will likely offer it. As an example, a rhodium plating (the most common request) for a razor would likely run $50.00. This price would include minor adjustments as needed and repainted numbers on adjustables. So everybody chime in and we'll see where it goes.
Stan

i think $50 for a rhodium plating and touch up etc, is a great deal. not sure how much normal replating is, but it sounds fair.

let's hope when you do start, you give us CANADIANS a break on shipping, but i know you will.

Sounds like a more then fair price.............especially with any adjustments. I feel there is GREAT value in having the re-plater understand the workings of the razor....... Not just another piece of metal or as a job.

I've got several razors I'd get replated in Rhodium if you offered the service for 50-ish dollars, that seems like a fair price to me.

Ok, you've got me thinking about it.
Turn around time can be over a month. How do you gents feel about that?
Also this would be an international service with USPS flat rate box shipping to anywhere.

Stan

Yes because Reliable Electroplating requires use of UPS when they return it to you and that adds an additional $10.00 to the cost. A USPS Small Flat Rate padded envelope (which a USPS Flat Rate Small box will fit inside) is $4.75 and includes free delivery confirmation if you print it from eBay or PayPal. As far as I know, Reliable is the only US-based company that does the replating themselves. Razor Emporium sends them out to be replated. It would be nice to have another company in the US and one that knows what they are doing and doesn't screw people over by not returning the razors or doing poor replate jobs. 1 month turn-around is about right. I think Reliable waits until they have enough pieces before doing them so as not to waste the silver, nickel or rhodium. I can't imagine them melting a block of rhodium just for 1 or 2 razors.

Merry Christmas to everyone here on Badger & Blade from all of us at Above the Tie. Have fun, create some memories and remember the Reason for the season.

Back due to popular demand our 10% off sale on remaining rhodium plated razors is back.
This sale will remain till the end of the year!

Hello RSFNO,
At this time we are only selling replated razors. However, this may change in the near future. If enough people ask indicating a strong demand for this service we will likely offer it. As an example, a rhodium plating (the most common request) for a razor would likely run $50.00. This price would include minor adjustments as needed and repainted numbers on adjustables. So everybody chime in and we'll see where it goes.
Stan
im in on this...I just bought a great Slim at a super price last week from you. I do want my barbasol replated though. in rhodium.

New products are here at www.abovethetie.com

• Proraso products are now available for your enjoyment. Proraso, great items since 1926.
  • Our very own Mach III razors with custom handles made of exotic woods and polymers. I am proud of how they look.
Check them out!

Also, the response concerning replating services has been encouraging, however I have decided not to offer this service. Currently, the time required to preform this service is to great. Perhaps in the not so distant future I can readdress this opportunity.

Top Bottom