What's new

Above the Tie SE Slant

Second shave this morning with the X1. Man, this thing is super smooth. I was able to get the areas I missed yesterday during my clean up passes....so user error on my end. Today's shave was excellent. Face feels smoother than yesterday, but there are some prickly's still on my neck that I will try to focus on tomorrow. I believe by my 5th shave with this razor, I'll have her down pat. No nicks, no sensitivity after the shave.....very nice. So far the X1 is a pleasure to use.

Hoping I get it dialed in for the baby smooth feel I get with my Blackbird and Yates. So far they are still my top performers. The SE1 is close to those as well and maybe will catch them with more use. I've had the Bird and Yates for years so I know them inside and out. The AC format is still fairly new to me, but I really like it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20221028_162408~2.jpg

I've gotten in 4 shaves with the X1 now (snuck in a couple of DE shaves for fun). Love how smooth and easy it shaves. Going to have to try some different blades to see if I can up the efficiency some. I like the Proline, but it isn't cutting as close in the X1 as it does in the SE1. Ordered a few sample AC blades to try. The X1 is an enjoyable razor to use. It's comfortable and doesn't like to bite. The SE1 in comparison, has more blade feel and a little more attention needs to be used during the shave. Overall I really like the X1 a lot.

Can anybody compare the X1 and the SE1 and the Blackland Vector? My next buy will be a single edge and I’m curious how these three compare. For reference, my go to razor is the Yates 921-H.
I don't have a Vector but do have the X1 and SE1 from ATT. I find the SE1 to have a slight edge on efficiency but at the expense of blade feel (a bit less comfy). The X1 is super smooth and a joy to use, but is not quite as efficient (though I've only shaved with it 5 times now). The SE1 to me provides results like the Yates H for me, but has slightly more blade feel. The X1 is smoother than the Yates H, but less efficient....maybe more like the Yates M.

I'd like to try the Vector, but I've heard they don't all work with the Proline blades, which after shaving with many sample blades, proved to be the smoothest, most comfortable performer for me.

I love my Yates H and so far only the Blackbird matches it's performance. Nothing I've tried (DE or AC) shave as close as these two razors for my face.....the SE1 comes close, but not quite. I'm getting to the point where I believe I have the best razors for me....but do like getting new ones to try. You never know.

I don't have a Vector but do have the X1 and SE1 from ATT. I find the SE1 to have a slight edge on efficiency but at the expense of blade feel (a bit less comfy). The X1 is super smooth and a joy to use, but is not quite as efficient (though I've only shaved with it 5 times now). The SE1 to me provides results like the Yates H for me, but has slightly more blade feel. The X1 is smoother than the Yates H, but less efficient....maybe more like the Yates M.

I'd like to try the Vector, but I've heard they don't all work with the Proline blades, which after shaving with many sample blades, proved to be the smoothest, most comfortable performer for me.

I love my Yates H and so far only the Blackbird matches it's performance. Nothing I've tried (DE or AC) shave as close as these two razors for my face.....the SE1 comes close, but not quite. I'm getting to the point where I believe I have the best razors for me....but do like getting new ones to try. You never know.

Sounds like I might need to get a Vector to try. I know Blackland has a money back guarantee.

Sounds like I might need to get a Vector to try. I know Blackland has a money back guarantee.
I’m sure someone will chime in with some Vector and ATT comparisons. I’ve thought about just buying one and if I can’t find a good blade match then return it, but I haven’t bit that bullet just yet.

I’m sure someone will chime in with some Vector and ATT comparisons. I’ve thought about just buying one and if I can’t find a good blade match then return it, but I haven’t bit that bullet just yet.
I’m going to wait until after the 15th when they go on sale. That will also give me time to sell a few things to pay for it. If I thought I could talk someone into trading me one for the razors I am letting go, I’d rather do that.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: @Above The Tie X1 Slant (TiBam Antique Ti Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (9)
Brush: @AP Shave Co Lemon Drop (AP Shave Co 24mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: None - Face Lathered
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Pino Silvestre Oud Absolute EdT Spray
20221106_121103~2.jpg

Superb razor! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12001270

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
On my Damn Comfortable Shave thread I'm doing a sorta kinda head to head comparison of the X1 and the Vector Titanium.

I have the SE1 and the SE2; I like the X1 better than either of those. I like the SE1 much better than the SE2.

I also have the original SS General, the SS DLC Hawk, and the Hawk v3. The first two I like better than the v3, but all are good.

I like the Vector a lot, but do i like it enough to keep it? If it cost $100 I wouldn't be asking myself that question.

The head to head begins here.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I received my Vector Ti today.
I appreciate the maneuverability of Vector but the smoothness of ATT X1 is on another level.

I can also get a close enough shave from X1 now, after shaving with it for more than 10 days.:001_wub: I think X1 is the best razor I have ever owned.

Me, too, or at least it might be.

The X1 is a great razor.

I have the Vector Titanium, too, and like it a lot, but it's not the X1. I've not yet decided whether to keep or return the Vector.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Recently Placed my order for Brushed X1 slant with Collosus handle. Can’t wait to receive it. Currently Black Friday deal with 20% off.

Can’t wait for my first shave with it
I should have waited to order my X1.... but then I wouldn't have had some amazing shaves with it already.. It's one of the very best razors available, in my less than educated opinion. It sits at the top of my own razor collection along with a couple others.

I just love mine.... Brilliant shaves every time. ;)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Can anybody compare the X1 and the SE1 and the Blackland Vector? My next buy will be a single edge and I’m curious how these three compare. For reference, my go to razor is the Yates 921-H.
For what it's worth, my ranking of these three razors:
  • Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB
  • ATT X1 Slant
  • ATT SE1
The Ti Vector nimble and maneuverable performance place it slightly ahead of the X1 in my personal ranking.

I have both, use both and am keeping both. My top AC blade razors are getting more and more "at bats" as opposed to my DE and GEM razors.

Just my opinion. :)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Trying out some new blades in the X1. Shaved this morning with the X1 and a Feather Pro blade. Maybe a little better combination than the Proline for closeness, but not quite as smooth feeling. The X1 is a great all around performer.
I've only used mine with Kai Titan Mild MG Protouch guarded blades so far because they are my favorites with my Claymore Evolution. But I have quite a few other blades. I sold my Proline blades.... they just didn't work for me.

Top Bottom