What's new

Abercrombie & Fitch "Woods"

I am wondering if anyone who has owned the original has tried the new stuff yet?

Curious as to your opinion, whoever you are. :)

Last edited:
Hmm...50 $ for 1.7 oz...too rich for my blood....i will have to just wait for it to go on clearance. and WHY A PICTURE OF A GUY ON MY BOTTLE !! - just about the dumbest idea.....

So, it arrived today, and I'm wearing it now. It seems to be the same that I remember, but it's been years.

My wife said it was one of those scents that we all look for (she brought it up) :thumbup1:

I was going to stop by the store here in NYC on 5th Ave to take a whiff of the tester to see if I liked it or not, but there was a line round the corner just to get in the store. I asked why there was a line (thinking maybe a celebrity was inside or something) the male employee I asked said "because its like a really awesome store..." I just laughed in his face...I don't care how good it smells, I don't think I'll be getting any. :lol:

The current Abercombrie cologne in the store smells wonderful. I love how clothes I buy there smell like it when I bring them back home. I highly recommend!!!!

L

LouisXXX

It's the same, cannot detect a difference.

Wonder how many people who invested in $200.00 bottles on eBay to resale are coping. (;

The guy picture on the bottle is really lame, but it peels off quite easy.

Wonder if this will be a long term addition or a temporary item.

Really glad it's back. Got the most comments from women over the years from this cologne.. hands down the King of commented cologne.

Louis

I purchased a bottle yesterday. I have an old bottle from the 90's and comparing the two, they smell identical. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that the older version is well... 15 years old, but it seems the new stuff has slightly better longevity. THIS STUFF IS THE READ DEAL! :thumbup:

BTW, inspectoring... I share in your "***" regarding the picture of a guy on the bottle. However, it is merely a decal and can easily be removed. As for the price, it seems it's on par with all the Abercrombie & Fitch colognes.

Anyone else pick some of this up? I thought I'd bump it back to the top for anyone who didn't know that WOODS IS BACK!

Peel the decal off!? :scared: Feasting my eyes on those abs every morning is the only thing in this brave new world that still gives me hope and inspiration!

Anyone else pick some of this up? I thought I'd bump it back to the top for anyone who didn't know that WOODS IS BACK!

One of those discontinued, but highly sought after scents. Does not seemto come up all that often around here. Eddie Bauer has a scent in a similar cattegory, doesn't it? That is highly sought after after being discontinued!

One of those discontinued, but highly sought after scents. Does not seemto come up all that often around here. Eddie Bauer has a scent in a similar cattegory, doesn't it? That is highly sought after after being discontinued!

Woods was actually reissued a few months ago.

I tried a sample of it and wasn't impressed. I'm just glad I could sample instead of buying a bottle blindly at those crazy ebay prices.

A family member gets a discount so I went in yesterday and sampled some on my wrist.
Strong. Lasting. I may be wrong but it dried down to a Stetson type odor that gave me a headache.
Now the Creed Irish Tweed? I kept sniffing the sample card. That is real cologne!

B

Bluffspot

Woods was actually reissued a few months ago. I tried a sample of it and wasn't impressed. I'm just glad I could sample instead of buying a bottle blindly at those crazy ebay prices.
Wow - been a while since I was here. The smell is not the same. The new stuff is more "perfumey". Also, do not dig the bottle design. I don't know who is working on the design and graphics but really needs to check their manhood.

Its been a while since I walked into an AF store since they basically sell Old Navy gear now. Walking in the place was thick with the smell of some other pungent cologne. Was a tad hard to breathe. But I brought a bottle of woods with me from my collection and even had the sales guy try it - he admitted it was not the same and the older version rocked.

Anyhow, will try thescentfactory and see if they can duplicate. I was able to make AF Woods Shaving Balm using Nivea shaving balm and a teaspoon of Woods cologne. Would really like to get that duplicated. Anyhow, cheers for keeping up the forum.

Top Bottom