What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

Having read so much about the famous brand of Arko and seeing the division about the scent, with some tripidation I puchased a stick. Upon using it for the first time I wondered where it had been all my shaving life. The odours is a citrus based and is fresh and pleasant; naysayers will describe it as urinal puck scent, but that is unkind and an exageration.

The striking thing about the soap is the performance. It is stellar. A few shavings from the stick into the bowl, no need to bloom, then BANG! oodles of shave cream. An extremly slick and cushioning cream ideal for shaving. I have been trying some artisan soaps recently and the main thing I notice is the amount of soap they require to give a good lather. Arko provides way more suds per cent than the 'big names'.

I thank the forum for bringing the great name of Arko to my shaving rotation. I could say the same about TABAC, but that's a whole other bag of cats.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Cleaning of course the stuff we used smelled just like it. The truth is cleaning toliets barehanded with a tooth brush is sordid no matter what you use. Cheers...

sordid.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
We're already well into our fifth page of this thread, illustrating what an important topic this is. This is a topic that really should have been brought up years ago, but it took the hard work and persistence of @FarmerTan to finally get people to consider their opinions about the scent of Arko. Long overdue, and quite timely.
I'm not sure how I missed this incredibly complimentary post!

This proves that EVERY SINGLE DAY you can get a Blessing from the Kingdom of Arkoland!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I love face lathering with Arko. The initial smell of a freshly opened stick definitely brings to mind urinal cakes. It smells completely different on the face, I don’t really notice much of a smell except for clean soap. I don’t use anything to cover my open stick and find it really mellows out after a week or so.
Oh! My friend! You mustn't DO THAT! I use old Pharmacy Pill Bottles and trap the Arkoman and his glorious scent inside. I've got one that came from @mio_cuggino all the way down here to Michigan that STILL smells brand new!

AND

MY

WIFE

LOVES

IT!

I fully believe that Arko should be called an "Arkodeziac!" True story doggone!

Wow . . . Arkodeziac! Hmmmmm. I admit it has a certain off-the-tongue thing about it. Perhaps a Turkey-cum-Michigan je nais se quois?

Top Bottom