What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

Well, the children clapped to revive Tinkerbell, so.... :a14:
tink.gif

I'd like to welcome @ildbig to our Arko Scent Discussion Liberation Thread. He recently had to resurrect a 2008 thread about the scent of Arko because for some unknown reason the men on this site refuse to discuss this important topic. This sickly silence must stop. Welcome, @ildbig! This thread is for guys like us!

wow, a whole 11-page thread on the scent of Arko! As I mentioned in the thread I resurrected from 2008, I just recently tried Arko. It’s like the scent resurrected old neural connections from childhood. It reminded me of soap in a gas station or maybe at my grandparents when I was a little kid, like 5 years old. Somewhat pungent. I wonder: Arko is made from animal fat, where most soaps we use today don’t. Is the smell of Arko and early childhood soap related to being made from animal fat?

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I'd like to welcome @ildbig to our Arko Scent Discussion Liberation Thread. He recently had to resurrect a 2008 thread about the scent of Arko because for some unknown reason the men on this site refuse to discuss this important topic. This sickly silence must stop. Welcome, @ildbig! This thread is for guys like us!
I think you'll find that there is a global conspiracy involving governments, billionaires and big tech trying to keep this important topic from.being reported on but for the life of me I can't imagine why urinal pick manufacturers are trying to suppress the fact that their products have ripped off the Arko scent.

I think I mentioned in last year's Arko August, that I am halfway through my second box of Arko shave sticks.

My first was a box of 15 sticks, purchased from Amazon. The second was 12 sticks, also from Amazon. I have 7 full sticks and a homemade puck. When the first box arrived in the mail, I could smell it sitting on the front porch before I opened the front door.

For years Arko was my default summer camping soap. Cold Vermont water, Arko and Clubman aftershave set me up for a vacation day.

As everyone knows, the scent diminishes overtime. It does what a shaving should do,, providing an easy,, slick, cushioning lather. By modern standards it's a soap that can be rather drying, but that's what aftershave balms are for.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Apparently some of the posh French soaps remind some men of Arko:

Apparently some of the posh French soaps remind some men of Arko:

Oh no! Another one to write off the list!

I think I may be in the minority here insofar that I rather like the scent but I just can't live with the post-shave feel - it's drier than the Sahara!

Top Bottom