What's new

A Shaving Brush sale

The day is done. Thanks guys for taking the time to drive out. I think you got some nice brushes, hope you enjoy them.

Buccaneer, I am located in Carefree, AZ. just 20 min. north of Scottsdale.
If you click the link below, my address and phone are on my web site.

Just want to touch base and give those interested an update.

But to get your attention, here is a bronze box elder burl handle brush with a silvertip badger hair knot. You guessed it, the epoxy got away from me, but just a tad. So here is a real nice brush for $40.00 bucks with shipping. First poster that says I want it here on the thread gets it. :smile: SOLD

I have been busy getting brushes posted on my new web site www.penworks.us I had a little set back when my laptop crashed on me. Still in the process of rebuilding my new laptop. :mad: Once I figure out how to offer the discount to B&B memebrs I will let you know. Hopefully this will happen by the first of next week. The discount to B&B memebrs will be 20% off my regular web and in store prices on most brushes. There are several new catagories of brushes I will be offering. (take a peek) The discount will not be applied to my new limited edition brushes and limited production brushes.

Remember, we always take special care of members taking the drive out to the store. Members will recieve the same discounts in store. We have expanded the number of brushes in stock (finally getting a chance to get ahead for a change) Some new items soon to be in stock in store will be safety razors & blades.

As always, thank you for looking and your business. :smile:

What's the knot size? And how tall is the overall brush?

Hows it work for soaps?

I haven't measured it but it's a fairly small one. Maybe 4" tall total from end of handle to tips of longest hairs. It's a 20mm brush which is a smallish knot, I guess. It's the only size I like -- easy to handle and not some big freaking paint-brush looking thing.

Lathers incredibly well. My old brush took approximately 2-3 minutes to lather up. With this, you can load it in about 15-20 seconds and lather up in another 30 seconds for less than a minute of total lather time.

That's just my experience...

I haven't measured it but it's a fairly small one. Maybe 4" tall total from end of handle to tips of longest hairs. It's a 20mm brush which is a smallish knot, I guess. It's the only size I like -- easy to handle and not some big freaking paint-brush looking thing.

Lathers incredibly well. My old brush took approximately 2-3 minutes to lather up. With this, you can load it in about 15-20 seconds and lather up in another 30 seconds for less than a minute of total lather time.

That's just my experience...

Mine is actually a 24mm knot. Not sure how much bigger that would make the brush though (in overall length)

Can anyone comment on the differences in overall size between the 20m and 24mm brushes?

Tony really knows how to make an attractive brush even more so, price. I like all of my brushes and envy you for an excellent score. This will teach me to pay closer attention to the board!

40 bucks
grumble
grumble
Dang
grumble
:mad:

Tony really knows how to make an attractive brush even more so, price. I like all of my brushes and envy you for an excellent score. This will teach me to pay closer attention to the board!

40 bucks
grumble
grumble
Dang
grumble
:mad:

Yeah, I was really surprised it lasted the 23 minutes it did..

Do you happen to have both a 20mm and 24mm brush? (from tony?)

LOL add me to that list drews, had I checked the boards everyday, I would have jumped on this!

the 20mms do indeed lather extremely well, and are VERY densely packed- it will be the thickest most luxurious 20mm you own. I use mine for creams so far, but I would imagine that it would be more than strong enough for soaps!
(brushes are amazingly soft, yet have no floppy-ness)
I also do happen to own a 20 and a 24 both from Tony.

LOL add me to that list drews, had I checked the boards everyday, I would have jumped on this!

the 20mms do indeed lather extremely well, and are VERY densely packed- it will be the thickest most luxurious 20mm you own. I use mine for creams so far, but I would imagine that it would be more than strong enough for soaps!
(brushes are amazingly soft, yet have no floppy-ness)
I also do happen to own a 20 and a 24 both from Tony.

how much bigger(overall length) are the 24mm's than the 20mm's, generally speaking?

Eric, the 20mm & 24mm silvertip knots are the same size overall 67mm. Depending on the seating depth, the average loft is about 50-55mm, hope this helps.

Drew, I hear your grumbling from hear :biggrin: Don't fret, Later next week, I will have a few more specials. I don't want to rock the boat, so I will only post some speacials once a week. I must say it is easier to take a picture of some brushes and post them here, vs taking individual photos and putting them on my web site.

Eric, I have two each. I like the size of the 20mm but that 24mm really FEELS good and lays down lots of hot lather.

Got my brush on Saturday and tried it out last night. An OUTSTANDING Brush, and even though I've only used it once, I'm already certain it will be the best in my rotation! It lathers better and quicker than either of the other two brushes I have!

Here are 3 brushes for a Holloween sale. $ 49.95 ea. includes USA shipping.

1. Stripped ebony
2. Sold
3. Buckeye Burl
4. Bronze box elder

All have 20mm silvertip knots with extra stuffing.

Don't forget to see my coupon posted in shopping for 20% off shaving brushes on my web site at www.penworks.us

Thanks for looking and you business.

Top Bottom