What's new

A noob's first DE shave report

Hello all!

I've been lurking here for a long time, reading and learning all I can before jumping in. I've watched the mantic59 videos, read up on razors, blades, soaps, creams, you name it. This forum is a wealth of great information!

A week or so ago I acquired the following tools of the trade:

Baxter razor (rebranded Muhle R89 from what I've read - local shop had an introductory special on the Baxter, so the price was OK)
A pack of Derby blades (came with the Baxter - I have a sampler from westcoastshaving in the mail)
Omega Eucalyptus soap
Tweezerman brush
Jack Black aftershave gel (wife picked this up for me, not necessarily my first choice but it works well enough)

This morning I put into practice all of the things that I have learned. Result? Really nice! I just went with 2 WTG passes, mostly trying not to take off too much hide along with the beard. :biggrin1: I had a slight bit of irritation on the left side of my neck, but that has been a trouble spot for as long as I've been shaving (some 30 years or so). Overall I was thrilled with the results - much smoother than I get with the usual cheap Gillette disposables and less irritation. :thumbup1:

Anyway, thanks for all of the advice I've read here. It helped make my first DE shave a great experience!

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm looking forward to refining my technique and, well... acquiring more shaving gear! :w00t:

Mike

Welcome!

And Congo Rats on your first shave!

proxy.php

Top Bottom