Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)8/10 (spots)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - Nice shave with the British Tech.

Razor and blade - Deceptive razor in my opinion. Because of its smoothness and comfort I have the risk of over shaving or applying too much pressure. Or the blade is too aggressive in this razor. Good blade though. Harsher than the last blade I used of this tuck so my jury is still out of I want to stock up or not.

Brush and lather - The brush is definitely working its way through the remainder of the puck. Nice lather.

Technique - A mixture of techniques today. WTG mostly slanted. XTG was E-W and W-E on the cheeks and S-N in a slanted way. ATG again in accordance with my beard map. It did require an airbag touch up on the jawline to get to my desired smoothness level.

Enjoy your shave!

Date26.08.2023
365 daily shaves
238/365
GRUME August
26/28
SOTMC (All Aventus August)
26/31
Blade Biter’s Archive05/32
7 O’Clock Week06/07

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca V4Gillette Black (4+5)FNX Barber
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG TU
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)8/10 (spots)
8.75/10 (DFS+++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - Excellent first shave with the Rocca. This is a solid addition to any collection.

Razor and blade - This razor is a very generous and kind loaner from @JAHE Guido. I have been eyeing this razor from the beginning of my DE shaving journey, but always in between as it felt like too big a step up (I didn’t have the R41 back then) and the Fatip was giving me very comfortable results already. And I am very glad and grateful I now can test drive this amazing razor. Beautifully built, solid and it feels nicely balanced in the hand. The handle on this razor is huge! Never would have imagined that from pictures I have seen. The blade is running on 4 shave (miscounted yesterday). Super smooth shave with one or two mishaps from getting to know the angle better. I am tempted to say it is almost as effective as the R41 but with the smoothness of a Tech.

Brush and lather - The brush is still great. Losing lots of hairs, but more than plenty are remaining. Part of the breaking in process for all I care.

Technique - I went extra careful as this is the first time ever using the Rocca. Very intuitive razor and easy to use with excellent results.

Enjoy your shave!

Date27.08.2023
365 daily shaves
239/365
GRUME August
27/28
27/31
7 O’Clock Week07/07

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca V4
Gillette SA 109
Gillette Black (6+7)Omega Proraso
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG TU
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
8.75/10 (DFS+++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - Celebration shave as today is the anniversary of our wedding day. And so the Curly Special (by @Curly Straight) comes out to play.

Razor and blade - There is nothing I don’t like about this razor. It is simply amazing and gets the job done smoothly and comfortably. The blade should be getting into the performance stretch based on earlier experience which it indeed did.

The Rocca was again amazing during the first two passes before the SA took over for the ATG and head shave. Some patches left so the Rocca came into action on the head as well for some touching up.

Brush and lather - Switched to my Omega Boar. Using the @Marco Method arrived at a very slick thick and pleasant lather. Did notice my loading time was on the lower side and therefore the final head pass was thin.

Technique - No mishaps this time. Solid results with familiar patterns. XTG on the neck was more N-S in a diagonal way today. Worked well.

Enjoy your shave!

Date28.08.2023
365 daily shaves
240/365
GRUME August
28/28
28/31

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca V4Gillette Black (8)Yaqi Lucky Dice
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG TU
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - Superb shave with the Rocca today. Smooth sailing to BBS waters.

Razor and blade - The blade continues to perform meeting my earlier expectations. The Rocca was again amazing. So comfortable and smooth - really wonderful. This is easily a daily driver and you would need nothing else much except maybe a R41 for heavier growth, but I believe the Rocca can deal with that too. Super easy to clean and great audio feedback.

Brush and lather - The Yaqi :001_wub: and nothing to add. Soap is definitely less than at the beginning of the month. Very pleased with that!

Technique - Solid results with familiar patterns again. Repeated the XTG on the neck with more N-S in a diagonal way so actually NW-SE - because I tend to lock in the position/direction of the head compared to my neck (so my razor isn’t actually moving diagonally itself). Worked well.

Enjoy your shave!

Date28.08.2023
365 daily shaves
240/365
GRUME August
28/28
28/31

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca V4Gillette Black (8)Yaqi Lucky Dice
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG TU
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - Superb shave with the Rocca today. Smooth sailing to BBS waters.

Razor and blade - The blade continues to perform meeting my earlier expectations. The Rocca was again amazing. So comfortable and smooth - really wonderful. This is easily a daily driver and you would need nothing else much except maybe a R41 for heavier growth, but I believe the Rocca can deal with that too. Super easy to clean and great audio feedback.

Brush and lather - The Yaqi :001_wub: and nothing to add. Soap is definitely less than at the beginning of the month. Very pleased with that!

Technique - Solid results with familiar patterns again. Repeated the XTG on the neck with more N-S in a diagonal way so actually NW-SE - because I tend to lock in the position/direction of the head compared to my neck (so my razor isn’t actually moving diagonally itself). Worked well.

Enjoy your shave!
That Rocca is an excellent choice!👍😊💈

Date29.08.2023
365 daily shaves
241/365
GRUME August
29/28
29/31

RazorBladeBrush
Karve CB OC CGillette Black (9+10)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG TU
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - Wow! What a great razor this is! Thanks to @JAHE 🙏. Splendid head and face shave.

Razor and blade - First run with the Karve CB. This one was on my list for a very long time. I just love the looks. But which plate to get and how to get it. Luckily for me my almost next door neighbour @JAHE had a spare available with the C open comb and he suggested I would like it. And I do! This is butterysmooth even in combination with a blade that has had some mileage. And Guido was also right about the Karve’s threading - that is the softest I have ever come across in a handle. Hefty handle by the way. The blade was wonderful. Everything was smooth and comfortable with zero mishaps. Invariably I made comparisons to the Rocca, but that would be unfair to both razors as they are so different.

Brush and lather - Splendid rich and creamy lather with excellent post shave feel.

Technique - Solid results with familiar patterns. XTG same as yesterday and I have to describe it more accurately: I move the razor N-S with the head titled NW-SE (and mirrored on the other side) - thus slanted or oblique.

Enjoy your shave!

Date29.08.2023
365 daily shaves
241/365
GRUME August
29/28
29/31

RazorBladeBrush
Karve CB OC CGillette Black (9+10)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG TU
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - Wow! What a great razor this is! Thanks to @JAHE 🙏. Splendid head and face shave.

Razor and blade - First run with the Karve CB. This one was on my list for a very long time. I just love the looks. But which plate to get and how to get it. Luckily for me my almost next door neighbour @JAHE had a spare available with the C open comb and he suggested I would like it. And I do! This is butterysmooth even in combination with a blade that has had some mileage. And Guido was also right about the Karve’s threading - that is the softest I have ever come across in a handle. Hefty handle by the way. The blade was wonderful. Everything was smooth and comfortable with zero mishaps. Invariably I made comparisons to the Rocca, but that would be unfair to both razors as they are so different.

Brush and lather - Splendid rich and creamy lather with excellent post shave feel.

Technique - Solid results with familiar patterns. XTG same as yesterday and I have to describe it more accurately: I move the razor N-S with the head titled NW-SE (and mirrored on the other side) - thus slanted or oblique.

Enjoy your shave!
Excellent my Friend! 😀
Have nothing but excellent shaves with the razor!As both of us already know, you will
Cheers,
the other Guido
😀

Top Bottom