What's new

A newbie explores cheap American store bought aftershaves.

I was going to bump this thread also but ended up just posting a link to it in my soap review thread. I have learned so much from reading this whole thread, it has been fantastic! Thanks to all you enablers I went out and bought some old spice and began bidding on vintage old spice on the bay to compare the two.

Just tried Avon bay rum. Much better to my nose than pinaud. Very heavy on a medicinal rum scent. Lighter on the cloves.

Great reviews. I think Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Stetson Cooling Sensitive are going to be one I try in the future. That said, are you going to do Gillette Sensitive Skin Post Shave Balm? That is a really good one IMO. Most places have it under $3.

I wish I had the nose that [MENTION=101067]ZergoZatgai[/MENTION] has, but tried Avon Rugger this morning. I'm not sure I like it yet. I has the woodiness of Special Reserve as well as some ferny smell, but there's a metallic tang to it as well. I'm thinking Rugger was an attempt at Canoe, though not very successful IMO.

Does anyone know what happened to [MENTION=101067]ZergoZatgai[/MENTION] ?
Haven't seen him in awhile and was hoping everything was okay with him and his.

Great reviews, thanks for doing this! I will try and get my hands on the AV Ice Blue though it could be tricky to get here in Sweden. :)

Does anyone know what happened to @ZergoZatgai ?
Haven't seen him in awhile and was hoping everything was okay with him and his.

I've been wondering what happened to him too. This is an amazing thread and I'd love to see him return and pick up where he left off. I wish my nose was 1/10th as discerning as his is.

Top Bottom