What's new

A lot of samples and a Rockwell 6s

I have found out that I have a lot of blades which are not that well known.

I miss in my sample some well known blades like Kai, Feather, Polsilver, etc.

Isana blade. Shave number 3. Blade flipped. Plate 4. A really nice two pass shave. I am liking this blade a lot.

Isana blade. Shave number 4. I used plate number 5. This plate worked amazingly well although I had two minor cuts which went by itself. Best shave with this blade .

I will use this blade for two more days and start the next week with a new brand.

Verdict. Will I buy 100 pack of this brand? I wish there was a 100 package, but it's not available. The answer is yes for a 10 blade tuck. Actually I am going to buy 50 blades to add to my stash. Really surprised by this blade for good.

I couldn't resit today and tried a new blade. Wilkinson sword made in Germany. I used plate 5. The blade was really nice. It made some noise till I found the best angle. What a nice shave! Smooth and sharp. Best two pass shave with this combo.

The only thing that I didn't enjoy is that I got some irritation on the neck. Fantastic blade though.

Last edited:
Shave no 2. Plate 5. Really nice shave. Sharp and smooth. Under neck needs special attention though.

I will test it tomorrow on plate 4. Longevity is the only thing to be tested in the future.

This German Wilkinson sword blade is a winner so far for me in 6s.

I have found out that I have a lot of blades which are not that well known.

I miss in my sample some well known blades like Kai, Feather, Polsilver, etc.
I looked at the sample stash. I had Feather and a Polsilver sample. I have some Shark SS, Bic Chrome, Gillette Platinum, Gillette 365 and Astra SS + Sp.

So I miss Kai and some Gillettes brands though.

I have tried Gillette Platinum before starting this thread. So I think I have 7 (or maybe more) blades left to try.

My blade ranking based on sharpness and smoothness (not longevity) used in a Rockwell 6s is :

1. Gillette Platinum
2. Wilkinson Sword (still testing it)
3. Supermax Blue Diamond
4. Isana
5. Supermax Super Platinum
6. Ming Shi

Wilkinson blade. Shave no. 3. Blade flipped. Plate 4 this time. Less sharp but a great shave. I liked it more than plate 5. This blade is a winner.

Wilkinson sword blade, shave number 4. Plate 4. 2 pass shave. Fantastic shave. I just wished I could push it ATG more. I am clear about this blade. No reason to test it longer. I got 4 great shaves and I feel I can push the blade for more shaves in the R. 6s. But I am focus to try other brands.

Verdict. Would I buy 100 pack of it? Yes, of course. Just need to test other blades and find the best of them.

I am glad that three brands that I can find locally work really well in Rockwell 6s,which are Gillette Platinum, Isana and Wilkinson Sword

Last edited:
I've been using my Rockwell 6C I just got and that razor is a beast. Blades I didn't like before give me DFS's. I was planning on switching to another razor today for a blade review but I just wanna keep using it.

Also this thread is great. Keep posting.

Being totally satisfied with Wilkinson Sword, I jumped today to a new blade. Bic Chrome Platinum.

This is a strange blade. It might be one of those cases that doesn't work on the first try. I used it in plate 4. The blade had a lot of feeling on the skin. I didn't like it. The blade was smooth but not that sharp. 2 passes. Acceptable shave.

Not a bad one though. Let's see how it goes on the next attempts.
IMG_20210428_211109.jpg

2nd shave with Bic Chrome Platinum. Plate 4. The blade did its job. However I don't like the blade feel on my skin. I will try with plate 3 and plate 5 the next two days.

I have about 20 Bic Chrome blades. It is not working that well so far.

Bic Chrome Platinum, shave number 3. I used plate 5 this time. The balde feeling is less on skin but I thing the blade tugs. It doesn't work that well. I will give it another try.

My feeling is that this blade works better with a razor design that is a straight one, no angles.

Bic Chrome Platinum. 4th shave. I started with plate 6. Very rough. So I changed to plate 3 trying to angle less the blade. No go. I went back to plate 5 and I got a decent but rough shave. I hope this was just a bad blade. I am disappointed how this blade worked for me using a Rockwell.

Still as I could get nice shaves out of it using a Fatip razor, I might give it another try after I finish this testing process. Maybe it was just a bad blade. I have 5 or 6 other blades to try.

Should i buy new balde samples or exchange the ones I am not using for them? This will be the question for me in a month. :)

Verdict. Will I buy 100 pack of it? No. Too rough for my skin, not smooth at all.

Today I used a new blade. Shark Super Stainless. I used plate 4.

Shave was good. The blade tugged a bit. An average good shave. Let's see how it goes tomorrow with a higher plate.

IMG_20210503_232702.jpg

Shark SS, 2nd shave with plate 5 this time. Nice shave. I found out that I should do very small strokes with this blade. It works better.

Shark SS, third shave with plate 5 today. Same performance like the last one.

It is not a smooth blade but much better than Bic Chrome Platinum.

Out of topic. I used an Injector Adjustable M2 model yesterday with a fresh Schick blade. Excellent shave. If only the blades were cheaper and easier to find in Europe.

I had a fourth shave with a Shark Stainless steel blade. Same experience. It does its job great, doesn't lose sharpness but it is not very smooth for me. No nick ever with this blade which is a good thing.

I am not enthusiastic about this blade but not dissapointed either. It works averagely good.

Verdict. Will I buy 100 pack of it? Only if I can't find them very cheap online. An average good blade.

Time to try a new blade next week.

Top Bottom