What's new

A lot of samples and a Rockwell 6s

I had the 5th shave with the Perm-sharp blade using plate 5. One thing that I like from this blade is its blade feeling in my skin. No irritation at all.

Verdict. Yes, this Permasharp blade is among the top ones that I have used. I could even prefer it over Polsilver one.

The question is where can I find them at the best price possible? :)

Ranking : My 4 top blades are :

Polsilver
Perma-sharp
Wilkinson Sword
Gillette Platinum

I have 8 more blades to go...
IMG_20210621_082510.jpg

I tried this time the Yellow 7 o'clock. Very interesting blade.

My setup was, Proraso preshave cream and boar brush, Tabac soap and Nivea As.

Well the yellow 7 o'clock was a sharp blade and was really nice. I used plate 4 on Rockwell 6s. The 6s needs a wide angle and let the head weight do the rest. Maybe this is the sharpest blade so far for me.

Had the second shave with yellow 7 o'clock blade on Rockwell plate 4. I didn't use a preshave cream just to try the the blade feeling without "heavy" preparation.

Well it was a nice shave. This is a good blade indeed. Smooth and sharp.

3rd shave with Gillette Yellow 7 o'clock using plate 5 this time. If I keep the angle steep this blade sings. Liking it a lot.

There are many nice blades around I think.

4th shave with Gillette Yellow 7 o'clock. Shave was good. Yes this blade is a really nice one.

Verdict. Yes. I should buy it. A great blade.

New week, new balde. Had 3 days beard growth so I thought to try the scariest blade based on the design.

Here comes the crocodile, Nacet blade.

I used Proraso boar brush, which is fantastic when you have some beard growth. Lovely brush for scrub.
Proraso preshave cream. Tabac soap and Nivea Deep AS.

My first impression about the blade.
I had to adjust the angle and ride more with the cap. Man this blade is so sharp. First time I got a nick after several weeks using Rockwell 6s.
I got a great two pass shave.
1624875779959-picsay.jpg

2nd shave with Nacet using plate 4. Man, this blade is sharp. I got another nick.

I am going to use plate 3 tomorrow.

Other than that, it's a very fine blade, just I don't trust it.

I used plate 3 on Rockwell 6s on my third shave with Nacet blade. It was an acceptable shave and finally no cuts.

Gave Nacet blade another try, but got another nick. Nacet blades like to bite me.

Verdict : Nacet is a great sharp blade, but it didn't work for me. I got cut in a particular area of my face all the times. It will work for you for sure, just it's not my case.

Today, as first day of week I tried a new blade, which was a Vostok Teflon coated one.

I used plate 4 but it wasn't working as sharp as I wanted. Tried plate 5 and I got a really nice shave. This balde looks promising!

IMG_20210621_082510~2.jpg

Last edited:
2nd shave with Voskod blade using plate 4. Sharpness and smoothness was averagely good.

3rd shave with Voskod blade using plate 5. Oh, yes nice. Let's keep it using till Friday.

5th and last shave with the Vostok blade. I used plate 6 this time. Shave was averagely good.

I am starting to dislike Rockwell 6s because it doesn't cover the blade tabs. I got a cut because of that. It's the only thing that doesn't make me feel OK with this razor.

Verdict. Will I buy 100 pack of Voskod blade? I think not. It was a good blade but in avarage level for me. I can get same performance from other blades such as Astra one for example.

Derby Extra

New week, new blade. It was the turn of Derby Extra SS blade. I was dubious about this one. What a pleasant surprise. It gave me a nice shave, after a 3 days beard growth. Sharp and smooth. I enjoyed it.

IMG_20210621_082449~2.jpg

Derby Extra

2nd shave. This is a comfortable blade. Sharp and smooth enough. No irritation. Let's see how long it will hold on.

Derby Extra
After giving 4th and 5th shave with the Derby blade, I find it averagely good. I enjoyed its blade feeling on the skin. I would not put on top tier level, but close to it. I read that my blade type is an older type and there is a new production of this brand.

Verdict. Well it is a good blade. Under 10 usd price for 100 pack, would be a good reason to buy it.

Top Bottom