What's new

A journal of a Cajun's life wet shaving

300+ Shaves in 2024 60 of 300+
March GRUME 4/31
Shave Date 3/5/2024
DE:
Military Spec Tech with a Huck 50 caliber handle.
Blade: Lords Super Stainless (5)
Pre-Shave: PAA The Cube 2.0
Soap: PAA The Watcher
Brush: Ds Cosmetics 24mm Two Band Badger.
Post-Shave: Alum block, Thayers Witch Hazel, Momma Bears Winter Post-Shave Balm, PAA The Watcher A/S
Rating: 29/30 10 for Comfort, 10 for cuts and weepers(0), 9 for smoothness, neck stubble, BBS face, just shy of BBS on the neck.

Notes:

Another DE shave today, my morning prayers and meditation durations are variable, depending on what the content is for the day, or how long Fr Mike Schmidt talks on the BIAY podcast. After fixing my lunch for work today the time was well after the point I needed to start in order to fit a straight razor shave in. No matter, the DE came to the rescue with the Huck/Don made 50 caliber handle. It delivered a fine shave, a tad off yesterday's shave. I seem to be able to shave the neck better than I used to before I started the straight razor journey, if that is due to the experience I gained from the straights or just having more shaves under my belt is yet to be determined. Although this shave is a slight step down from yesterday's, it is still a fantastic shave, the sea lions are off the dock, with only a bit of their fur left on the dock. The dolphins are swimming with glee today. I chased BBS on the neck a bit more but had less feedback from the alum block today than yesterday. All in all a great shave, I am sure I'll feel my smooth face throughout the day. Nice, very nice.

The Watcher scent is a good one also based on Yardley Black Label, sorta like Woodhue but with fewer powder notes. I like it quite well. 5 shaves on the Lords and it is time to bin it, I think I have some Dorco's I haven't used yet, I'll have to channel @Jay21 and dig those out for my next 5 DE shaves.

'Tis all for today, headed back to slinging pills. I wish all a blessed Tuesday, and may all your shaves be the best.

IMG_2664.jpeg

Last edited:
300+ Shaves in 2024 61 of 300+
March GRUME 5/31
Shave Date 3/6/2024
DE:
Yates 'Merica.
Blade: Dorco Titan (1)
Pre-Shave: PAA The Cube 2.0
Soap: Southern Witchcraft Labyrinth
Brush: Zenith 502 Blue Wave.
Post-Shave: Alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel, Momma Bears Winter Post-Shave Balm, Southern Witchcraft Labyrinth A/S
Rating: 28/30 10 for Comfort, 9 for cuts and weepers(3), 9 for smoothness, neck stubble, BBS face, just shy of BBS on the neck.

Notes:

I'm working the store further from my house and decide to do another DE shave. And I dug out my Dorco blades and found an unopened tuck of Dorco Titans, made in Vietnam, the purported better of the two factories. I was swimming with the dolphins again today and the sea lions were run off the deck, but they left some blood behind. The blood was from a more aggressive attempt to obtain BBS on the cheeks and the neck with ATG strokes. The neck is just about like yesterday, the extra passes did little to reduce the stubble, also ATG strokes on the face produced a small nick also. The alum block gave quite a bit of feedback, but boy ohhh boy is this a smooth shave. As the Cajuns say, Chhhhooooooooooooooo, dats good. I'll be feeling my face for most of the day thinking of this great shave, was it worth the blood and sting, so far yes. The jawline and cheeks are BBS, and the neck just has a hint of stubble left. A fantastic shave.

The Dorco did a fine job, I don't blame the blood on the Dorco, it was on me for going so aggressively at BBS. I don't know if it is the Yates or the Dorco, but I had hardly any blade feel today. I did not have the issue with the Lords of the past few shaves. I will find out in a few days, straights will be up for some use for the next few days.

Witchcraft Wednesday and Labyrinth got the call, to my unrefined nose this one is in line with all the Creed Aventus dups out there. A great scent indeed. While rearranging my stash of cologne and found the Momma Bear's Winter Post-Shave balm. They have a winter and a summer, summer has menthol in it. Something else to 3017.

The recent up tic in use of my DE has caused a flare up of my RAD. I found myself on Yourshaving’s website looking at Goodfellas Smile Bayonet Razor. I had that and some Lords blades in the cart. But I have to wait till the first of April. I did get rid of some razors and finished a tuck of blades. So those could be considered restocks for my GRUME.

That is all for today, I wish all a blessed Wednesday, and may all your shaves be the best.

IMG_2670.jpeg

At least you can rub that belly. To some cats that is an act of war.
When Mew initiates a belly rub, it's a trap. Always.

The only exception was the middle of the night once, I was wandering towards the kitchen for something and she was sprawled on the floor at the top of the stairs. She let me rub her belly then without further violence. But then, she's always friendlier and gentler at night for some reason. I think she gets lonely in the dark.

When Mew initiates a belly rub, it's a trap. Always.

The only exception was the middle of the night once, I was wandering towards the kitchen for something and she was sprawled on the floor at the top of the stairs. She let me rub her belly then without further violence. But then, she's always friendlier and gentler at night for some reason. I think she gets lonely in the dark.
These are the only two cats that I've been around that will allow belly rubs. I know this is not the norm, and maybe they are lulling me into a false sense of security for other cats. They'll know what I tried if I come home with clawed up hands and forearms.

Last edited:

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I just put a "save the date" entry on my iPhone calendar.... Hallelujahs will be ringing when it gets here.
Thank you, my friend. Your PMs really helped me through my breakup after 11 years. B & B is the best community out there and you're a big part of that.

Thanks to all my brothers here. Through the good and bad, we laugh and cry together.

Btw, my B.B.S.A. (Badger & Blade Separation Anxiety) is already kicking in as I'll be offline for 7-10 days next month while I pack and move. 😆

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Thank you, my friend. Your PMs really helped me through my breakup after 11 years. B & B is the best community out there and you're a big part of that.

Thanks to all my brothers here. Through the good and bad, we laugh and cry together.

Btw, my B.B.S.A. (Badger & Blade Separation Anxiety) is already kicking in as I'll be offline for 7-10 days next month while I pack and move. 😆
You'll be missed... a LOT, Eric.

Top Bottom