What's new

A Good Pocket Knife

Every man needs a good pocket knife. I just picked up an Emerson mini commander......man this thing is sharp........I bet I could shave with it....lol
Any others guys carry pocket knives?

My everyday carry is a Victorinox/Swiss Army Knife "Huntsman." When I need something thinner (and there is no need to wire in phone jacks - believe it or not a S.A.K. is great for that!) I carry the "Classic" money clip model. I've carried a S.A.K. since I was 10 years old, so I am quite a fan of them.

I've had 3 of them confiscated by the security guards at airports the last few years--I always forget to unclip them from my keychain when I travel.:frown:

I am a big knife fan myself! but for the sake of a lively discussion I would make the argument that a multi-tool is not a pocketknife,Its a multitool.
I have a Gerber needle nose multi tool and for a pocketknife (subway companion) and cigar cutter I carry a Microtech mini socom.The benchmade knives are also a great knife.
:biggrin:
Regards, Jim

I've been eyeing' one of those Smith & Wesson tactical pocket knives on ebay. They're about $10-$20. Anyone have any experience with Smith & Wesson knives?

roughrider said:
I've been eyeing' one of those Smith & Wesson tactical pocket knives on ebay. They're about $10-$20. Anyone have any experience with Smith & Wesson knives?

RR
The question is what do you want to do with this knife? Knives are a lot like shaving brushes you don't know what you have been missing until you use a great one. a 10-20 dollar knife is OK if you are going to be cutting open boxes or an apple, By definition a tactical knife is an edged weapon for combat, a 10$ knife is not going to meet those requirements. For me there is such pleasure in using a well made knife, the satisfaction of ownership over many years etc.etc. Try to go to a shop that carries a range of knives including Benchmade and Micro tech. if the cost of these knives are an issue The old standby is a vintage <1979 or so buck or puma,There are tons of great knives out there unfortunately you do get what you pay for. Good luck, Jim

The smith and wesson knives are not bad for the money. I carry a Columbia River Knife and Tool M16-14 and sometimes a Cold Steel push dagger (safe keeper 2) on the job. Both are very well made and I would buy from both companies again. Off duty i go with a very small smith and wesson or kershaw. Oh yeah, and a smith 442 (got to love that little handful).

Goosemeplease said:
RR
The question is what do you want to do with this knife? Knives are a lot like shaving brushes you don't know what you have been missing until you use a great one. a 10-20 dollar knife is OK if you are going to be cutting open boxes or an apple, By definition a tactical knife is an edged weapon for combat, a 10$ knife is not going to meet those requirements. For me there is such pleasure in using a well made knife, the satisfaction of ownership over many years etc.etc. Try to go to a shop that carries a range of knives including Benchmade and Micro tech. if the cost of these knives are an issue The old standby is a vintage <1979 or so buck or puma,There are tons of great knives out there unfortunately you do get what you pay for. Good luck, Jim

I'm looking for a nice & sleek pocket knife I can use for opening packages and which might come in handy throughout the day.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I could use a good recommendation. Currently, my pockets are filled with flashlights.:cool:

I carry a Kershaw Ken Onion model w/ Auto assist in my pocket at all times, it comes in handy when the USPS man shows up with all that new shaving gear, and yes I use the knife to open the boxes!:biggrin:
Cheers, DJ.

Buck makes a good looking knife in the $50 range (the buck sirrus), when looking for current knife I did alot of online research but when I saw I had the chance to get an Emerson knife I jumped on it. This knife isnt excatly a gents knife but it does look cool when you pull it out to show your friends.

I carry a Gerber, small light and sharp. I also have a Gerber Shortcut on my keys for when I don't want my pocket knife confiscated.

I know I'm not the only one who sports a Sebenza. A little heavy for dress slacks, but fits the bill quite nicely for jeans.

proxy.php

-Nick

Goosemeplease said:
I am a big knife fan myself! but for the sake of a lively discussion I would make the argument that a multi-tool is not a pocketknife,Its a multitool.
I have a Gerber needle nose multi tool and for a pocketknife (subway companion) and cigar cutter I carry a Microtech mini socom.The benchmade knives are also a great knife.
:biggrin:
Regards, Jim

You know--when you are right you are right. Sorry that I can't steam things up a bit for you.

MJB

In my opinion, you're hard pressed to beat the Sebenza! They are on the pricey side but that are da bomb! Any problems, just send them back to Chris Reeve and he will take care of it including any tune-up needs and sharpening for free. Great customer service and one tough knife.

Large Sebenza bocote wood inlay
Small Sebenza African blackwood inlay
Small Sebenza bocote wood inlay

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom