What's new

A Good Pocket Knife

Leatherman or gerber multi-tool. Otherwise I have to ask, why carry some of these knives? It's difficult to actually know the law here in Cal. Each town/city can make the length limit. I've had the same type of folder confiscated by the police, and then (same brand new knife), had officers say that it's totally legal in the same city. Also, a knife out here is a bigger offense then a handgun, when carried conceled by someone NOT on parole. On duty (medic in Oakland) we carry shears, never needed a knife.

I have nothing but respect for police, so take my comment as an observation only. Cops are human, and I believe that as human, they are sometimes though infrequently woefully misinformed. I have heard cops and law enforcement say the craziest things that they claimed "true" I once had a huge blow out at an airport over some personal products that customs/immigration thought were somehow inappropriate I spent almost two hours recovering my personal property, and got a letter of apology in the mail two weeks after from the superior. Having said that, the anti knife crusaders, (I can't imagine who that might be) imagine a world were only people with knives commit crimes, and I keep my gear under wraps, and never break the law anyway, so I have no reason to worry. If you are speeding or whatnot and pulled over, just declare it. I did, and not only did I only get a warning for the speeding (ok, 8 miles over), but the officer didn't even want to look at the knife.

I know a dozen critical points on a would be assailants body to strike with a ball point pen that could easily do more harm than a 2"swiss army or case toothpick, and I can carry those around everywhere. seems kind of silly, doesn't it?

I have always carried a knife in my pocket ever since I was in short trousers, a Swiss army knife, Huntsman model.

I carry a Swiss Army knife I received as an anniversary gift for surviving five years at a company I left shortly after getting the knife. It is my only fond remembrance oh my time there. I don't know the model, but it been extraordinarily useful throughout the years. It has two knife blades, a I-have-not-a-clue-what-it-is-for-thing, a fingernail file, a pair of scissors, a pair of tweezer and a toothpick. I think every gentleman should have pocket knife on his person.

Tell that to the TSA
Twice I have forgotten to take the thing off of my key ring. The airport here in Houston has an automated service near the TSA check points that allow someone like me to mail the knife back home. It's exorbitant, but the machines do take credit cards.

Top Bottom