What's new

A discussion on the political debates

Classic! Those two were always among my favorites from the Muppet Show. I think somebody should hire them to do election analysis. Maybe make one of them an old Coolidge/Harding-style conservative Republican and the other an old New Deal/FDR-style liberal Democrat, looking at the politics of today. It could make some entertaining political coverage - looking at politics today with the eyes of 20's/30's era conservative/liberal political dogma (as opposed to modern day Republican/Democrat opinions).

I'd make Waldorf the Republican (he kind of has a Bob Novak look to him) and Statler the Democrat.

I think that was a biased and therefore flawed analysis of the state of the state. There should have been more diverse representation of all interests, parties, religions, etc. Getting Gonzo and some of the rats in on the action would have been a good start at working "across the aisles" of the Muppet theatre, not just the usual dictation, commentary and gridlock from the balcony :biggrin:

I think that was a biased and therefore flawed analysis of the state of the state. There should have been more diverse representation of all interests, parties, religions, etc. Getting Gonzo and some of the rats in on the action would have been a good start at working "across the aisles" of the Muppet theatre, not just the usual dictation, commentary and gridlock from the balcony :biggrin:

Or getting Animal involved to represent the anarchist viewpoint?

Or getting Animal involved to represent the anarchist viewpoint?

Don't forget Kermit, to represent the "green" party.

And let's also not forget Fozzie, he could represent nudists. (Because he's bare a bear! Wokka wokka wokka).

I think that it would be cool if every time a politician made a gaffe or just in general made a fool of him/herself, Gonzo could come on and blow his trumpet off key.

The curiosity of the "political debate" made me look...I just couldn't resist. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks.........:biggrin:

Top Bottom