What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I grew up in the 80s. I thought I hated Carson, just tolerated him because Letterman came on after him. It wasn’t Carson retired and Leno robbed Dave of his rightful place that I realized that I missed Johnny.

Carson was an institution. The early 70s Tonight Show era was the best for me, though. Severinson was still in his prime. And because he would be followed by Tom Snyder, who had great guests too. Both were excellent interviewers. Plenty of coffee was often needed the next morning.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Carson was an institution. The early 70s Tonight Show era was the best for me, though. Severinson was still in his prime. And because he would be followed by Tom Snyder, who had great guests too. Both were excellent interviewers. Plenty of coffee was often needed the next morning.

I still watch old Tonight Show episodes on ME TV. :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I loved NBC Letterman (his best era), and realized too late that I liked Johnny, too.
I still watch old Tonight Show episodes on ME TV. :)
Thanks- will have to check it out.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
EXCELLENT post. Tom Snyder and his cigarettes were as kool as it got to me. He had some great interviews. Studs Terkel was one, made me buy some of his books back in the day. He could tell some stories.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
EXCELLENT post. Tom Snyder and his cigarettes were as kool as it got to me. He had some great interviews. Studs Terkel was one, made me buy some of his books back in the day. He could tell some stories.

You should see his 1973 interview of Alfred Hitchcock, which I believe is still somewhere on the Internet. Classic Tom Snyder. Hitchcock was quite a character.

I couldn’t even tell you what is on late night network TV today. Such tripe they feed them now.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
A favorite for me was the Dick Cabot show.

He was on Decades on re-runs for a long time. He also had some great interviews in the late 60s-early 70s that I really enjoyed. I didn’t care for his later PBS shows quite as much as those early ABC ones.

Top Bottom