What's new

A call to stomach sleepers!

For all you stomach sleepers:

Are you sure you don't have sleep apnea?

If you are most comfortable sleeping on your stomach, or you find yourself waking up on your stomach, your body might be trying to tell you something.

If you are having apneas while on your back, you'll roll around until your body finds a position to decrease the apneas.

I am a stomach sleeper - have tried just about everything. Even bought a Dux mattress in my quest for a decent night's sleep - gave it away.
Found, like others, a thin down filled pillow combined with a hard mattress works best for me.

Many, many years ago when I was maybe 6 or 7 a babysitter warned me not to sleep on my back - told me in gives you nightmares. To this day I curse her because sure enough when I end up on my back I have strange dreams.
Perhaps it is a guy thing - laying on the back makes one feel vulnerable.
Who knows.

I just get that great feeling of sinking down and spine relaxing when I lay on my stomach. Though honestly, I have been sleeping mostly on my back and side lately, as the twisted neck does get uncomfortable after a while. What I really need is a massage table to sleep face-down on:001_rolle

All this talk is making me sleepy...

I sleep on my stomach with my head to the side. My pillow is fairly unsupportive, leaving my neck pretty unstrained. Sometimes I don't even use the pillow and sleep with my head on the bare bed.

Top Bottom