What's new

A brush for a mood?

Ok for us folks that have multiple brushes. Do you pick a brush by what mood your in?

Just curious? Cause sometimes I do.

This morning for instance, did not sleep well at all! Woke up with knee's bothering me, hands kind of sore. And on top of that going into see the doctor this morning.

So time for a quick shave to look proper. Grouchy, sore and tired!

A dark brush with plenty of scritch seems fitting this morning.

75200E14-A1C2-44DA-B4A8-2325AB544B0A.jpeg

I have a fairly small collection compared to others (10 or so) and by now know which ones work better with creams, hard soaps, soft soaps, etc. I choose the brush for whatever soap I pick. The majority of my choices are hard soaps so I stick to a few big boar brushes with them and use them the most.

I rotate between three brushes. Two synthetic and one boar with the synthetics having identical 26mm plissoft knots. I chose primarily based on soap characteristics using the boar for my hardest triple milled soaps (Williams and Mitchell's Wool Fat) and the synthetics for everything else. Between the synthetics I alternate to allow them to fully dry out.

I tend to pick out what soap I intend to use the night before, then determine what brush works best with that soap and the mug it is in. Sometimes I choose the brush first and then determine the soap that works well with it.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I just like variety and enjoy Badger, boar and synthetic brushes and I enjoy the different face feels. As for mood to pick a brush if I'm hurried(rare) a synthetic is usually my choice. Everyone else in the house is asleep and It is just my Zen time to just zone out and make a nice lather and try to enjoy the shave 99% of the time.

I pick mine based on what I’m in the mood for in the morning. I try to rotate but am never successful. Some get used more than others. Oh well!

Top Bottom