What's new

A bit of harberinging

Recently, I sold 285 of my 315 straight razors to a buyer in Europe. He was in NY for business and came over to check them out. Most were NOS and I had no intention of ever using them. I wasn't interested in taking photos of each razor to list for sale. He said that he's going to resell a bunch of them over the next year. If you see a slew of NOS razors for sale on eBay, then there's a good chance that they were my blades. :001_cool:

I'm always wary of making these kind of posts because of the potential for a reactionary uptick in pricing. I'll say that it's a good mix of both Japanese and German razors.

Yeah... :sad: That actually hadn't even crossed my mind, but it's a good point. It's a shame, because I'm sure there are others besides me who are just curious for curiosity sake, not to go out and buy stuff.

I have never purchased anything from Telly, but all I hear is positive.

I would love to see what you have kept. Pics of your remaining razors please, pretty please.

The problem as I see it is that you are now sitting on a nice wad if cash. Then you'll see these really nice razors on the Bay, and pull the trigger, only to later find out you just bought back one if your own razors!

The problem as I see it is that you are now sitting on a nice wad if cash. Then you'll see these really nice razors on the Bay, and pull the trigger, only to later find out you just bought back one if your own razors!

Oh man. That would be terrible. :blink:

I can say that I've never bought a straight razor on eBay. I may have bought a DE a few years ago but I don't remember.

Just tell me this, please ... did you sell a minty 7/8 Puma Gold? I ask only because it is kind of my holy grail of razors. Not even sure that they exist. If anyone had one, I suspect it was you.

Just tell me this, please ... did you sell a minty 7/8 Puma Gold? I ask only because it is kind of my holy grail of razors. Not even sure that they exist. If anyone had one, I suspect it was you.

I had a few of these in spike point, French point, and round point. The one in these photos is NOS but not mint. I sold it back in June 2011. The ones I sold in the lot were mint and measured 13/16 to 7/8.

:drool: I have been trying to buy a Puma Gold 13/16. I thought I had one but it ended being 5/8. I haven't even opened the package.
$IMG_4661.jpg

Top Bottom